What are your favorite flake pipes and flake tobaccos?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a little GBD Prehistoric prince I enjoy with Union Square especially.

Favorite flake tobacco.... thats tough.
If you gave me a different Solani flake every day I would be pretty happy.

My James Gilliam egg is my favorite flake pipe atm. Ive been breaking that in with IRC flake, which is pretty damn good and readily availible.

Bill

The two pipes on the left have some sort of white spot on them...that blemish is probably indicative of poor craftsmanship - you must have gotten taken.

I'll take them of your hands if you decide to get rid of them.

As for me, it's either Fillmore or FVF. Both work well in my Peterson Emerald or an inexpensive bulldog (stamped Benton).

Favourite flake: FVF
Favourite flake pipe: GBD New Era billiard.

But you knew that already, right?

Muddler":aem8duug said:
Favourite flake: FVF
Favourite flake pipe: GBD New Era billiard.

But you knew that already, right?
Naaaaw, reeeally? :lol!: :lol!:

Kind of like me with PS Luxury Bullseye in a Dunnie Canadian.... :oops:

It's kinda funny...I've never considered a blend that comes broken or rubbed out to be a flake. I mean, I know they are...or rather were...but unless I have the option of either leaving it whole to roll, or to transmogrify it to another of its potential forms...I don't think of it as a flake. Just me. Never mind. Forget I mentioned it.

Re: the pipe...two...almost any Prince (since it's the shape, not the brand that makes it such a fine flake cooker). Then I like a medium Canadian almost as much. It just seems that those two shapes (much has been written about the Prince bowl shape), unless there is some mechanical issue with the pipe or its airflow, will do really well with a quality flake regardless of the wood, brand, etc.

Re: which flake...two...Stonehaven for its dark treacley sweetness...and Gawith & Hogwarts Dark Flake for its unabashed strength and unapologetic character.

(What am I smoking the most of right now? Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's VRBlend. Good ol' Russ Oulette. What a guy! He's got 3 - 4 of his in my top ten list. A singular achievement. He must feel quite special to be so honored. lol That VR is really something. Between it and Stogie and Virginia Squire, ol' Russ has sucked up a pretty fair percentage of my weed fund. Good for him!

Solani Aged Burley Flake in the Sasieni Royal Stuart straight bulldog. SG BBF in the Mastro de Paja 3A One Sun dublin. Conical chamber shapes, I've found, are good for flakes.