What are your favorite Lat bombs?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
Recently I asked about you favorite sweet uncased tobaccos. What are your favorite Lat bombs? I've been smoking MacBaren Vintage Syrian pretty much non-stop.

Vintage Syrian is definitely high on my list, although my out and out favourite Lat bomb has to be Ten Russians.
Lately, I've been enjoying the heck out of Nightcap, but I seem to go through phases where I either can't get enough, or can't stand the blend.

Not sure if they are all Lat bombs but I love Westminster, Squadron Leader and Penzance.

Ten Russians, kaboom.

For high Lat content that is also really good I like Peretti's Omega and Dan Old Ironsides. Commonwealth is ok IMO, kind of flat. Lancer Slices, dry, leathery, yum.

If it smells like a brush fire I'm there.

I've been eying the C&D Stars of East and Billy Budd for awhile now so that'll definitely be in my next order as well as Ten Russians.

I don't know if I'd ever experienced a real "lat bomb" until I had some Penzance recently. And it felt good!

Proper English, Ten Russians, Lancers Slices, Commonwealth, Brebbia Latakia Flake #9, C&D Pirate Cake

I have a eight ounces of Penzance in mason jars. Wouldn't mind trading for something equally hard to find, maybe Stonehaven. PM me if you are up for a swap. Penzance is a real nice lat bomb, but what makes it better is how hard it is to get. Personally, I think Omega from Peretti is a stellar lat bomb. A non-smoking guy I was around today told me Omega smells like burning wood. I would say that qualifies as a strong latakia room note.

Just had some Vintage Syrian and I absolutely loved it! Two of my other favorites are Triple Crown from Milan Tobacco and Ol' Limey Bastard. I think Nightcap is just OK in comparison.

Picked up a tin of English/Balkan mixure by Pfeiffen Huber when I was in Munich recently. They had given me a sample when I said I liked latakia, the claim is that the blend has over 80% lat in it, so I guess it qualifies as a lat bomb! Great stuff I must say.

Their description, roughly translated;

"a strong very rich english mixture with a high percentage of smoky latakia, sweet virginia, powerful perique and flavorful black cavendish. Spicy and opulent."

Oh, how could I forget DaVinci...and I'm not talking the aromatic from Dan tobacco, but rather the 80% Latakia blend from C&D. It reminds me of smoking tires in a burning peat-bog, whist shooting camphor oil...but somehow, its smooth as a babies bottom.

Guess I could just get C&D and McCalland's bulk Lat and mix the two, that would be super lat bomb.