What are your favorite pipe accessories

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Mine are an Old Boy lighter and a Senior Reamer. I have owned the lighter for about 3 years, and its great.
Bub

I fancy a Brebbia pipe knife that I acquired from Steve Monjure at the TAPS Pipe Show last year.

paddy-boy":3ruobd9v said:
zippo pipe lighter and a Czech pipe tool.
Same here,
My carry around Zippo Is a Polished Chrome Armor w/ pipe insert.
On my "Smoking Desk" is a Polished Brass Armor also w/ pipe insert with several Czech tools floating around, except in my car I carry a Basic Aluminum pipe tool.

I don't have all that fancy of a collection (at least not yet) but I do like this little Tsuge bamboo tamper I bought about a year ago. I'm looking to start collecting a variety of things, though. Seeing some of the collections of pipes, tobacco, jars, accesories, etc., from many on this site make the pleasure and hobby of pipe smoking all that much more interesting.

I love those plastic foldup stands--I use 'em like a coaster for the pipe I'm currently smoking, they travel wherever, and they make an excellent solution when I don't have room on the rack.

My favorites in no particular order include:
My dad's German Boker two blade congress knife. The sheeps foot blade is perfect for a light reaming and the small clip blade is perfect for removing ash after a smoke.

A 1700s hand wrought nail from Fort Charlotte where my triple great grandad fought in the Revolutionary war. Perfect tamper and bowl cleaner.

A chrome Old Boy for lights that I've had for 4 years and never failed to light...when I keep butane in it.

Jim

Mine would have to be a Zebrawood pipe tamper I made for myself. Next to that, I have a few roll up tobacco pouches that I really like and carry often.

I would say that mine would have to be my Sherlock holmes pipe tamper and Sherlock pipe zippo. But a certain hand made tamper made by one of our esteemed members is gaining ground.

Zippo lighter and pipe nail, never leave home without them! Unfortunately had to replace my old lighter today, I think my other one was unfortunately left in a parking lot somewhere.

My favorite accessories are my Zippo lighter collection and my pipe tamper collection. My dad made several of my tampers for me.

LtMac

Rail Man":0le89145 said:
Unfortunately had to replace my old lighter today, I think my other one was unfortunately left in a parking lot somewhere.
Ouch! that's gotta hurt!

Of all the pipe accessories I have, my favorite and most used would have to be the pipe couches, and cheap 1$ pipe nails. Have them all over the house.

Bill

My fav's are: A 1 of 500 Kershaw pipe knife, a Zippo pipe lighter, and a
clip in pipe wind cap. (Kershaw is known for making fine knives for pocket,
hunting & kitchen which is what makes the one time run of pipe knives so
special.)

All these things serve very specific uses in my pipe smoking routine.

1 czech tool in the pocket and other on the desk.
Bic minilighters

I neglected to mention before another accessory that a brother gifted me. Midnight Blues gave me a deer antler tamper that he made that is just awesome. I didn't mention it because it is just too nice to use. I rather just enjoy admiring it.

I usually keep a plastic pipe stand,a box of Swan matches and an older style Dr Grabow pipe tool my wife found in a box to be thrown out at the pharmacy she use to run and work at.

I don't know about you gentlemen but what really goes well with my pipe is a czech tool, red bird matches, a good book or my ipod. Plus a little sunshine :sunny: