What 'baccy did you start with?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started with Revelation and Capstan Blue in Ronson pipes. The tobacco was my father's, the pipes were what I liked then. It was '80 or '81 and I was in college. Good old times.

I bought my first pipe when I was 16 and an ounce of some God-Awful Cherry blend. It tasted like sawdust marinated in cough syrup. Then I thought I'd get fancy and smoke Cesare Borgia Amphora which, to my way of thinking must be pretty good stuff since it came in a tin  8) I joined the Marines a year later and took a few year Hiatus from pipe smoking. When I returned to pipes, I smoked found English blends and I was "hooked" as they say.

The first pipe tobacco I ever smoked was actually dottle left in the ashtray by the head of home in the last kids home I was in, that was Clan tobacco and that was back in 1980, I smoked nothing but Clan for a great many years, thankfully I know better than to smoke that rubbish these days.