What baccy do you use to break in your pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<a href='/u1194' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Falconer'>@Falconer</a>":px027bdu said:
New Smoker":px027bdu said:
I pick up on a few things that you guys post here. Other languages are interesting to me. Plus Google translate is pretty cool too. Notice that I have started adding to my signature the "smoke what you like and like what you smoke in languages that some of you guys have sent to me. I thought it would be interesting to see how many different versions gets submitted.
Poor guy! I had to give him the english version. He was completley lost! :|
Hooked on phonics worked for me! :geek:

<a href='/u1335' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Smokntaz'>@Smokntaz</a>":7wig7hig said:
Piet Binsbergen":7wig7hig said:
<a href='/u1335' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Smokntaz'>@Smokntaz</a>":7wig7hig said:
Smoked half a bowl of Prince Albert in the pipe, burned a little hot for my liking but I will slow it down on the next bowl :cheers:
How wet is that PA???
I have never hat it smoke hot, give it some airtime bro. I reason I break pipes in with it, is because it burns so cool!
Not wet at all! I've had the pouch sitting on my desk for several months now. Could it be too dry?
Smoke slowly bud, what is the diameter of the draft hole?????
Some free hands tend to have a small draft hole. this could cause you to suck at it like mad???
At least 3.5mm should be the norm for that size bowl.....

Either way, thats one kick ass pipe man!!!!!!
Congrats!

To break in new pipes I use C&D Winchester #456. it's about half VA and half burley and smokes cool. If the burley shines, the pipe becomes a dedicated burley pipe and if the VA shines, the pipe becomes a dedicated VA pipe.

Jim...my ha'pence

<a href='/u104' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Ol'Dawg'>@Ol'Dawg</a>":38cwa8ve said:
To break in new pipes I use C&D Winchester #456. it's about half VA and half burley and smokes cool. If the burley shines, the pipe becomes a dedicated burley pipe and if the VA shines, the pipe becomes a dedicated VA pipe.

Jim...my ha'pence
You cant teach an old Dawg new tricks. Never looked at it that way, thats brilliant Jim!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":fhcc7xqf said:
New Smoker":fhcc7xqf said:
<a href='/u1311' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: bluedigital'>@bluedigital</a>":fhcc7xqf said:
New Smoker":fhcc7xqf said:
I pick up on a few things that you guys post here. Other languages are interesting to me. Plus Google translate is pretty cool too. Notice that I have started adding to my signature the "smoke what you like and like what you smoke in languages that some of you guys have sent to me. I thought it would be interesting to see how many different versions gets submitted.
I like it my man! Very cool to see all the different versions in your signature :D
BD,Ek geniet die interaksie met nuwe kulture van mense. Jy kan baie leer van ander!
Fantasties, Nuwe Roker, ons is trots op jou, hou so aan, ons hou van jou belangstelling!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
......Ns please translate for our brothers since you are now an Afrikaans expert especially your superb use of the tenses!!
What Piet said was "Music, New Smoker, we are proud of you, like so on, we will keep your interest"

Thanks Piet and BD :cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":zkmqk282 said:
<a href='/u104' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Ol'Dawg'>@Ol'Dawg</a>":zkmqk282 said:

Jim...my ha'pence
You cant teach an old Dawg new tricks. Never looked at it that way, thats brilliant Jim!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Great suggestion will keep this in mind. Thank you OD!

New Smoker":jn04r098 said:
Piet Binsbergen":jn04r098 said:
<a href='/u1311' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: bluedigital'>@bluedigital</a>":jn04r098 said:
I like it my man! Very cool to see all the different versions in your signature :D
BD,Ek geniet die interaksie met nuwe kulture van mense. Jy kan baie leer van ander!
Fantasties, Nuwe Roker, ons is trots op jou, hou so aan, ons hou van jou belangstelling!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
......Ns please translate for our brothers since you are now an Afrikaans expert especially your superb use of the tenses!!
What Piet said was "Music, New Smoker, we are proud of you, like so on, we will keep your interest"

Thanks Piet and BD :cheers:
Nearly there!!!
"Fantastic, NS, we are proud of you, keep going, we like your interest!"
None the less, a stout effort indeed!!!
3 cheers! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: