What brand of DE Blades do you use in your Safety Razor?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspiveyjr

Reaction score
Just started wet shaving with DE Safety Razor, would like your input on the best blades you have used and possibly ones to stay away from. Looking forward to your responses.

Right now I've got a cache of Derby blades. Not my favorite but not bad either. For the $ they are a great value (straight razor designs)

I use Persona blades....I think they hold their edge the longest IMHO ...check out BestgroomingTools.com...they have a good selection and good service too.

Joe

Gillette 7 o'clock in the yellow package and Iridiums. I have Feathers and Derbys as well but prefer the Gillettes and Iridiums.

I use the Persona blades too. I think they are around 2 bucks a pack at walmart.

Feather blades are the sharpest you can buy! Though I wouldn't recommend them if you are relatively new to shaving with a DE, they are not very forgiving like Derby or other brands.

I have been using Feather blades. They seem to cut best through my course beard.

Anyone have any experince with Shark DE blades? There are some guys out there touting them paired with Parker razors.

I'm a Feather dealer so that's about all I use. They are the sharpest iMO.

red pack Personnas are also good, as are Astras. I wasn't impressed with the Sharks as much, but they aren't bad.

Joseph76":9s5irgs1 said:

red pack Personnas are also good, as are Astras. I wasn't impressed with the Sharks as much, but they aren't bad.
I'm a big fan of the feathers...maybe its just my scruff but IME they don't hold their edge as long for me.

Joseph76":o4is8oci said:

Do you have a web site?

I have pretty sensitive skin so I have to be catuious about whick blade/razor combo I use. That being said, I like Crystal blades. I think they are made in Israel. They last me about 3 or 4 shaves and are very forgiving. But they do a nice job of slicing through the beard. I think I paid $10 or $11 for a 100 pack shipped from WestCoastShaving.

"Israeli Red" Personnas for me. Seem to be the best compromise between sharpness, ease on my sensitive skin, and edge retention. I love 'em.

I use Wilkinson Sword, at approximately $0.18/blade I spend about $9/year on razors. Not the best but I can buy them locally.

Also got my wife to switch to a DE razor for her legs. Cut that cost from $24/month to $1.80/month. She likes it.