What Direction?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falconer":2zantt7n said:
I have but about 15 various blends in mason jars that I dip into now and then but I continue to hoard VaPers and burleys. I want to have enough of my favorites to realx and fall back on when I retire in 2015. Should I be making a cellar for my whisky? Hmmm...
whisky and books, falconer. (god damned kindle/nook pieces of crap are going to rid the world of a nice hardbound book. sickens me. it's the one area where i refuse to keep up with technology. means i'm getting old, i guess.)

as for tobacco, i'm just now discovering what i really like, so there's maybe only a couple blends i have more than a tin of. but you guys have inspired me to buy some mason jars and get busy!

currently sitting on 45+ lbs. spread across 27 blends; Eventually I'd like to pare it down to 10 or 12 blends. have 18 tins of assorted Dunhill blends that were scavenged from local B&M's. when the supply crisis arose, these will be "trading stock" to augment my dwindling supply of Marlin Flake.

Definitely moving toward English blends again. Opened some 3 yo EMP recently and have been enjoying that. Latakia is in this season, hehe. :D :D

Ounces by Brand

CD 79.00
Esoterica 72.30
GH 45.80
GLP Fog City 269.90
GLP Original 234.40
GLP Classic 137.30
GLP Heirloom 68.00
GLP Old London 40.00
SG 351.35
Stokkebye 94.60

Shifting to more Fog City tins and Stokkebye bulk.

Buddy

Piet Binsbergen":jwg4w0sn said:
VAPER!!!!!!!!
i hate being the newbie pipe smoker! google doesn't know what a Vaper tobacco is. i've seen the term thrown around. can someone give me a quck tutorial? thanks.

petertschantz":fb686n3z said:
bruins, you'll get a quick tour of some vapers when your box arrives...

:)
ah...thanks. makes sense. i'm a little dense.

My cellar has grown into a good rival for Iwan Ries at this point - tons of variety and enough to last a while.

Reached the phase now where I am building up a bit more stock of my favorites, quite a few of which have been missing from the marketplace for many months - a waiting game I am sure I am not alone in :)

Careful about which latakia blends I get now, having a 10 or 20 year supply already and fearing the dreaded latakia fade I figure I will have to find some fresh stuff down the road, but quality virginia based blends beware - I am still locked and loaded - Mick McQuaid, you better keep your head down while I'm around :)

Slowed way down on purchases, having gotten well enough ahead of PACT - here was my last PACT purchase being delivered a few months back...

China_Sell_North_Benz_6_6_Dump_Truck_Available__340HP__Euro2___Specification20085161104247.jpg

petertschantz":x6pcrr6u said:
Virginia / perique blend :)
There you have it bro........ well said pete!!!

Va+virginia
Per+ Perique

Good all round vaper here on bob will be Escudo, McClelland 2015, Bayou morning etc.
There are variations on the theme, Like Kingfisher I would term as a VAper but there is burley in it!!!!!

I have it on good authority bruins will be smoking some Escudo this evening after work!

hope you enjoy brother

petertschantz":pelhw0l3 said:
I have it on good authority bruins will be smoking some Escudo this evening after work!

hope you enjoy brother
Pete, bro, am I missing something here??

petertschantz":1o61gpmy said:
no Piet, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....
A little asleep here Pete Sorry!
So you sent Bruins a package too!
Dude, you are a legend brother!! :cheers: :cheers:

you won't escape brother, your's will simple take a little more planning....

I hope the show is going better than you had hoped.

Pete

(mwahaha)

petertschantz":mihdh51a said:
you won't escape brother, your's will simple take a little more planning....

I hope the show is going better than you had hoped.

Pete

(mwahaha)
All is well Pete, just crapping my pants for tomorrow eve's opening!!!!