What do you like to drink along with your smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isagar

Reaction score
Something I haven't put much thought about until recently, I had a slip of water while smoking GLP Charing cross, and my god it somehow either completely destroyed my taste bud, or bad chemical reaction with the tobacco itself.

Either way, it left me a bad taste and a bad smoke.

Now I usually don't drink anything while smoking, usually some water after I'm done is the norm. But I know a lot of people enjoys alcohol with cigars, so my brothers, what do you drink, if anything, while smoking and why?

Hard to vote on that one; depends on the time of day.
I love my pipe with coffee, then I love my pipe with beer,
then I love my pipe with spirits, then I go to bed. :lol: 

I'm with Hermit. In order of abuse. Coffee, Water, Beer, Wine, Spirits, then bed. Some day I have planned isn't it.

Hot coffee in the mornings, cold coffee or ice tea in the evenings (summertime)
Hot coffee morning and night (winter)

Seems like coffee is the favorite so far. Since coffee is quite heavy on the palate, do you guys find it actually enhance the taste of the tobacco? Or is it that you guys just likes coffee in general?

Isagar":t5s1zhzh said:
Seems like coffee is the favorite so far. Since coffee is quite heavy on the palate, do you guys find it actually enhance the taste of the tobacco? Or is it that you guys just likes coffee in general?
I myself find it enhances the flavor of the tobacco and at the same time cleanses the palate.
YMMV

Well I am a coffee zealot. Roast my own every week and use a French Press. But I do think the two were made for each other. While I do drink liquor while smoking I find that it competes rather then complement the flavor.

Seltzer water at night mostly. Occasional beer usually dark. Iced Tea in the summer afternoons. Spirits very rarely.

Count me in the "strong, black coffee in the morning; a manly Bitter or IPA in the late afternoon, and a good single malt/rye whiskey/port/sherry, etc. in the nite time!!!! "Variety is the spice of life!!" :cheers: FTRPLT

BTW...I also roast my own beans and use a French Press!! Damn good coffee!!!!!!

I choose coffee because some of my favorite smokes are in the morning with a cup of coffee however, soft drinks, iced tea, and spirits (usually Scotch) all have been known to hang out with my pipes.

Coffee, I find the bitterness of the coffee enhances any sweetness to be found in a blend plus of course I just like coffee. :)

Water works with whatever, black coffee goes well with a sturdy Virginia. For me though, there's no tastier combination that a good cuppa Earl Grey with a stout English/Balkan/Latakia-heavy blend.

I chose soft drinks, since that's the most common drink along with a smoke, especially since I smoke in the car a lot.

Sometimes it's carbonated things (Diet Mt. Dew is my favorite), but the other is red Powerade Zero. The fruit punch flavored sport drink goes terrifically with a Va, Per, Bur (in any combination), stumbled across that pairing on my way home from a basketball game.

Oftentimes, however, early weekend smoke before the kids get up, it's coffee. While working in the workshop after the kids fall asleep, bourbon or beer or water.

So, I could have chosen any option, really.

Man, I can't believe I left out the no.2 most consumed beverage in the world: Tea.

That being said, I'm going to try out some asian tea + english blend when I get the chance.

You need an "All of the Above" option. Because in this case it would really be true for me. Each and every one listed, depending on mood and time of day.