What do You Recommend?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amenhotep04

Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for some new tobaccos. I had been smoking Boswell's Best, Vanilla Creme, and Black Gold. It's like I've grown tired of them. I was never really a fan of Boswell's Best, nor Vanilla Creme. I did try Creme Brulee, and I absolutely love it.

CREME BRULEE A rich creamy texture of Vanilla, Caramel, and Honey applied to Burley, Virginia, and flavored Black Cavendish insures a sublime smoking experience.

Any recommendations that would be consistent with, or similar to this? This smokes cool for me and lasts a long time. I love it. I used to smoke hot, but now, that's not really the case.

:farao:

Trout Stream one of the Home & Hearth Blends from pipesandcigars.com should be right up your alley. If you want to try something completely different maybe it is time to try an English blend such as Frog Morton from McClelland. That is usually a good place to start if you want to wander outside the realm of aromatics.

Now that I think of it Trout Stream is not one of the Home & Hearth blends but part of their Adirondack series.

I second Trout Stream, and also recommend Butternut Burley as great aromatics to try. McClelland's Tastemaster is also an enjoyable, smooth, dark chocolatey aro.

I would also recommend giving some English blends a try. Maybe they're your thing, maybe not, but it's worth it to give 'em a go. Worst things worst, you send the remaining tobacco to me :)

The only aromatic I smoke with any regularity is Sail Yellow. It's a typical Dutch Cavendish with a subtle honey flavour that doesn't obscure the (mild) tobacco taste. I find it's an excellent change-of-pace.

If you like rich, creamy aromatics, you might enjoy Blue Note. It is very sweet, but classy.

One that has some aromatic qualities that would make a good transitional blend is Just for Him's Shortcut to Mushrooms.