What do you smoke while fishing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DurinsRest

Reaction score
I have been on a kick lately since getting some new blends as the columbus pipe show and I have been smoking alot of GL Pease. However id say my favorite fishing smoke is still pirate cake.

Cube cut burley....in a cob...sometimes with a wind cap
I fly fish a fair amount...and I dropped a rather lovely Peterson decades ago in a stream in the north island of New Zealand.
Always 2 or 3 cobs in my fishing vest.
If I drop one out of my mouth, or hand, or pocket..I stay with the fish....instead of searching for the pipe while trying to reel in the rainbow, or brown, or blue.

Whatever strikes my fancy at the time, just as I do with every pipe I smoke. Sometimes it's a matter of whatever's still in a pouch in the truck from the last time ;) .

Cube cut burley....in a cob...sometimes with a wind cap
I fly fish a fair amount...and I dropped a rather lovely Peterson decades ago in a stream in the north island of New Zealand.
Always 2 or 3 cobs in my fishing vest.
If I drop one out of my mouth, or hand, or pocket..I stay with the fish....instead of searching for the pipe while trying to reel in the rainbow, or brown, or blue.
A cob will float if you drop it in the water. Easy to rescue, and after you clean and dry it, it smokes great. And, of course, if you lose it or break it, you're only out a few bucks.

Got home and roasted two pounds of coffee, one for me and one for my folks. I tried to make it dark like their Starbucks, but it goes against my instinct to roast the beans for that long. I was smoking Virginia Burley red tips in a Peterson Kildare, and then a latakia/perique (Jewel of Macedonia) in a Mastro Geppetto Rusticato. Goodnight BoBs.
20230712_114154.jpg

20230616_185806.jpg

Got home and roasted two pounds of coffee, one for me and one for my folks. I tried to make it dark like their Starbucks, but it goes against my instinct to roast the beans for that long. I was smoking Virginia Burley red tips in a Peterson Kildare, and then a latakia/perique (Jewel of Macedonia) in a Mastro Geppetto Rusticato. Goodnight BoBs.
View attachment 12544
View attachment 12545

Were you fishing when you did that ;)?

I used to be a big outdoorsman, up until about 14 years ago. Back then I was a cigarette smoker, but while trout fishing I used to smoke Swisher Sweets cigars, I can't remember the name of the size but they were long and thin. They would help keep the mosquitos away. While fishing for crappie or bass I would just smoke cigarettes because I was on a boat and it didn't matter. I still have my creel and rods, I've been wanting to go fishing but I've been out of it so long that I wouldn't even know where to go anymore.