What do you think of this pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarBredell

Reaction score
img-2011.jpg

block height: 7 cm
block length: 10.5 cm

smokes like a dream

Would like to hear your opinion on this funny looking pipe

I would agree that it looks more like a kit than a pipe. The grain looks nice. If it were mine, I'd start carving on it right away! :D But it can definitely be enjoyed as is. To each is own of course.

I just knew some genius would hear my frustrated cursing due to pipes rolling away to the floor, and lo, my foul-worded problems have a keen solution! :D

BriarBredell":xcxq1zni said:
img-2011.jpg

block height: 7 cm
block length: 10.5 cm

smokes like a dream

Would like to hear your opinion on this funny looking pipe
Wel, ya could put some Velcro on one of the sides and then find a spot where ya want to store it and Velcro it to a wall. Saves space in a rack. :twisted:

Looks to me like it needs to be finished. I sugest sending it to Kirk Fitzgerald for a make over.

I think a cubist pipe would actually look something like a flat circle of wood with a hole somewhere in it, but... that's my understanding of cubism.   :lol:   Very little to do with actual cubes. 

8)

I had the pipe in my hand last night at our club meeting, even took a few "sips" from it.

I can assure you that the picture actually does the pipe an injustice. It's a beautiful piece of briar and the fan-like grain looks great on the sides of the pipe.  It feels very comfortable in the hand and it's really something special. Needless to say, Kobus is going to make me one as well!!!

Well done, my young friend, and keep going!!!

Pieter

Not a fan of the fan design, pun intended. Agree it is a bit simplistic, and could be made into a nice one with a little work. As long as you like it, that is all that matters though, enjoy it.

:eek: :eek:  :eek:
"ceci n'est pas une pipe"(Cit.)

Just kidding! I think that should be a beautiful pipe "trapped" inside that piece of briar and a good master carver could eventually set it free, but if you like it and it smokes well, just enjoy like it is. :D   :cheers: