What do you think of this?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's trying to be the AR-15 of pipes with all the interchangeability...

I would pass on it, not my style.

Not my cup of tea either, but I can see them being very popular with younger folk, I bet they sell like hot cakes on a winters day.

first I want to kill it, then shoot it, then burn it, then bury it, then dig it up and kill it some more, then slap around its neighbors

rev

They say "with 12 bowls and stems, the possibilities are endless". Since when is 144 "endless"?

I'd call it a travesty. I wonder if they're going after a younger market or something....like grape flavored cigars.

On the other hand, with 12 bowls and 12 stems that are interchangeable, you essentially get 144 pipes for $300.00. That's like $2.08 a pipe!...if I've done my math right...which I probably haven't.

Growley":76i9ko2a said:
I'd call it a travesty. I wonder if they're going after a younger market or something....like grape flavored cigars.

On the other hand, with 12 bowls and 12 stems that are interchangeable, you essentially get 144 pipes for $300.00. That's like $2.08 a pipe!...if I've done my math right...which I probably haven't.
But at any given time one still has 12 complete pipes for $300. Pass.

Aristokles":c4fob90p said:
Growley":c4fob90p said:

But at any given time one still has 12 complete pipes for $300. Pass.
Yeah, I was completely joking trying to add to the cheekiness of the product. You'd never catch me interested in this type of product.

Another one not in favour here. Looks like mass produced saccharine tat to me.

After thinking about it and looking at the set again, I've come to another view.
Many members speak highly of a metal pipe with replaceable screw-on bowls, Kirsten and Falcon. Now if these are good smoking pipes in the style of a Falcon, then Stanwell might have something. Ten years from now some of us may be actively searching for these on the ebay, extolling their virtues. Though that set still looks like a box of crayons to me!!

Future failure, and a number of reasons why:

* Structural integrity--anyone neophyte enough to purchase such a set would undoubtedly dwindle their Skittles-rainbow possibility of mix-n-match as they broke the parts and lost them.

* Product sales model--there aren't enough 12 year olds with allowances large enough or the laws to support their smoking to afford such a set. True, they'd make a good party-favor kit, but clowns handing out pipes to kids will arouse a strong creep-factor.

* Product sales model II--there aren't enough hipsters (12 year old mentality, of legal smoking age) to all buy kits like that after the first one is sold and it becomes somehow "cool." Once irony is lost to obscurity, and obscurity is lost to familiarity, it's all over very quickly.

* Product sales model III--Timothy Leary is dead. Salvador Dali is dead. Andy Warhol is dead. Picasso is dead. With so many dead artists, all credible in their own ways (if not for talent, other things) no one can therefore lend credibility to the image of the pipe in modern times. I doubt Justin Beiber, Snooky or Skrillex are going to sport these to make an impression--but I could be wrong. The result will be the same.

* Product presentation--while Falcon survives on an interesting, time-tested concept, with the opportunity to buy more/different bowls as you need them, having the whole kit in front of a person is like offering the "collect all ## toys inside" given to the impatient kid at once. Boredom will quickly take hold.

Conclusion: Unless the world ends, and there's nothing but a warehouse full of these to smoke in the coming weeks after the apocalypse, I don't see them doing much for the other 99% of the pipe smokers alive today, except giving us fun reasons to type things on the Internet.

8)

On the other hand, 12 of us could make a group purchase and really light up the day of the next bombing target. :twisted: