what do YOU want

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Several of the gun magazines have an annual "I wish they would make "write in section where people express their wishes for manufacturers to modify, reissue, or produce guns or equipment more to their liking. Different calibers, added options. barrel lengths, and finishes are all suggested. Along those lines I thought this would be a good place for us to speak up and discuss our wants and dislikes pertaining to the products offered in the pipe/tobacco field. A pipe wishlist if you will. Personally, I'm stuck purchasing my pipes/ tobacco on line. Although the pipe "return if unhappy" policy is fair, the time/mailing issue is a pain. It would be great if they would just flat out state if a pipe has fills or imperfections up front rather than find out when it arrives. I wish ALL sites would list ALL the dimensions of a pipe. Giving the bowl O.D. and I.D. lets you know how thick the walls are, chamber depth and shape are important too. I wish more churchwardens came with acrylic stems. Bowl coating can take a hike, I won't miss it. Square tins that won't reseal,,,,dip staining,,,,

Any thoughts?,,,,

I wish they would make Balkan Sobranie, Murray's Dunhill & all the other fabled old blends, if only to shut up the old farts who keep reminiscing about them.

Muddler":bc8r4d4t said:
I wish they would make Balkan Sobranie, Murray's Dunhill & all the other fabled old blends, if only to shut up the old farts who keep reminiscing about them.
I try to express myself without the use of shortcuts and emoticons.

But that sir requires this
--lol.gif

Acrylic stems as an option on all new production pipes is all that comes to mind for the OP.

I wish they would ditch this warning on every tin of pipe tobacco I purchase-

WARNING: This Product Contains/Produces Chemicals Known To The State Of California To Cause Cancer, And Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm.

There are better reasons than this for liberals from California not to reproduce! :p

I've always wondered where they'd put all the stickers if the other 49 states required a similar label.

Lucite is rarely used for long stems for technical reasons (it is extremely heat sensitive so drilling long draft holes is difficult--that's why few carvers who make stems from rod stock mess with it---and no long molded blanks are available).