What ever happened to …

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
What ever happened to …

Kilted1?
Justpipes?
Winslow?
Beaupipe?
Piet?
Vaperfavour?
Rugbysh9?
Al in Canada?
Beebiz?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I too have been wondering about beebiz myself. He only lives about 40 mins. or so down hwy 22 from me but have never got the chance to enjoy a bowl in a nording with him.

Several on the list left after that thread where a guy wanted to compile BoB's tobacco reviews into an indexed reference, weighting them for "quality". Some people thought it was impossible to quantify subjectivity in a computer usable way, while others thought it was the board's job to cheerlead such a project.

The cheerleader-wanters saw anything other than unconditional encouragement & support as un-brotherly, and the computer-minded people thought anything other than straight talk was doing no favor to the guy.

The Internet's no-disagreement-is-too-small-to-get-pissed-off-about effect did the rest.

Golly-bill, I guess I missed that thread. Good thing too. Cause I would not have committed on that one either. But still miss several of them on that list. oh well to each his own.

73 kj4unx

Not quite what happened, and totally missing the "spirit" in which the discussion deteriorated, but some of those that stopped posting are happily posting elsewhere. :cheers:

Quit apart from that business, I do wonder what became of Winslow. (The Googles haven't been too much help, as he has a surprisingly common name.)

I hope he's well and just enjoying retirement and his meers too much to post.

Harlock999":3ow3ohrq said:
Not quite what happened, and totally missing the "spirit" in which the discussion deteriorated, but...
:roll:

For anyone who cares, and/or would like to decide for themselves:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t10762-idea-for-a-recommendations-resource

(Harlock, passive-aggression is so unbecoming.)

LV9":wn6unfiv said:
That went out of control pretty quick!
I just re-read it, and it appears a couple pages of responses were cut off the end after I posted the link. It would be better to delete the entire thing than revise history, imo, because much that would answer the OP's original question in this thread was there---meaning who left the board and why---but there you go. Mods move in mysterious ways. :lol:

LV9":2xv6b54q said:
That went out of control pretty quick!
Hey, isn't a certain amount of knee jerk predictability comforting?
Darn, there goes that passive aggression again! My apologies.

Look, all I really know is this: BoB is one of the best forums available, which is why I return to it daily. Despite, the occasional awkward moments, it remains a great place to celebrate pipes, tobacco, smoking, and difference of opinions.

Some chose to leave, I choose to stay, because I appreciate the structure and make up of this board. The founding fathers did well, and should be applauded.
Sincerely, Chris (Harlock).

I called Winslow recently and left a message on the answering machine. I haven't tried back. I kind of feel funny about such things. I imagine all the possible things that could have happened and maybe someone is sick, etc. But I mentioned that the fellows have been wondering how he is and left my number in case someone felt they needed to call me.

Most people are not that hard to find really. But I did meet him at Chicago, so I had a slight edge.

Wow a fight I've stayed out of twice...lol

Hey Harlock.. do tell about the other forum or whatever.. I think we all realize there are a couple dozen pipe forums to visit, and not all members are members elsewhere .. shoot they may not even know about the one your mentioning.

Kapnismologist":c6bjywfn said:
What ever happened to …

Kilted1?
Justpipes?
Winslow?
Beaupipe?
Piet?
Vaperfavour?
Rugbysh9?
Al in Canada?
Beebiz?

Inquiring minds want to know.
PM me

puros_bran":vcvcp4i1 said:
so what it's a secret? ummm ok.
Nope, no secret. Just trying to keep the peace and not get flamed.
PB you can PM me ANYTIME YOU WANT! :D

Well THAT'S got some concerned citizens scratching their heads,,,, :lol!:

mark":eh5jgq4f said:
Well THAT'S got some concerned citizens scratching their heads,,,, :lol!:
Where's the Neighborhood Watch when you need them? :lol!:

Justpipes hasn't really left, his is instead crazy-busy with both his job and his life. He was promoted, working more hours, I believe, and refusing to cut back either at work or at home.

alfredo_buscatti":3xh2c5m9 said:
Justpipes hasn't really left, his is instead crazy-busy with both his job and his life. He was promoted, working more hours, I believe, and refusing to cut back either at work or at home.
That is good to hear--that he's well, I mean. Being that busy is a mixed blessing. Hope he still has time for a bowl or two of Walnut.