What have you folks been writing with?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
I've been using two Italian pens this past week one vintage the other newer. Here's the vintage:
a 1936 Omas Extra Lucens in brown pearl celluloid.

The other is my late 80's 7th anniversery Omas Paragon in black resin ;

Using Aurora Blue ink in both. It's my favorite blue ink and use it in most of my pens.

Currently inked are Cross Apogee (Levenger Gemstone); Pilot Falcon (Waterman red); Lamy Safari (Sheaffer purple); Pelikan 400 (Sheaffer purple) and a Pelikan (something) demonstrator (Levenger Amethyst).

Bought too much ink at one point and am slowly working through it. Using one ink exclusively, it takes me about a year to use a bottle.

Levenger is nice but feathers too much and is really saturated. Parker, Sheaffer, Waterman, and some Private Reserve will probably be my staples.

I take very good care of everything I own, specially my writing implements.
So I can proudly say, the same ole blue crayon.

Sometimes a number 2 pencil, other times a sharpie. Otherwise an owl feather with elderberry..............

Mostly #2 pencils. Almost all with little or no eraser, so I scratch a hole in whatever I'm writing on when I still try...

I do love my Lamy Safari. Shes a tank and the 1.1mm nib is my standard. Just a little line variation in a manageable size. Before I decided to become independently wealthy by being self employed (HA!) I had designs on getting a Pelikan, a Sailor, and maybe and Aurora.... Maybe one day.

Gorgeous looking pen Michael! The colours look fantastic.

I'm still using my Parker Sonnet as my daily work horse. I love that pen.

img_2110.jpg

newjok10.png

Just inked up the two pens I'll be using this next week. I decided to go Post War German this time. The first one is my tortoiseshell Pelikan 400 NN from 1954. It has a soft OB nib. It's inked with Aurora Black which is probably the most opaque black you'll find !! :twisted:
Here's the sellers pic of my 1954 Pelikan 400 NN :

The other one is my 1947 Pelikan Toledo with a lovely soft F nib that gives nice line variations. It's inked with Aurora Blue ink, my favorite blue.
Here;s a pic of my 1947 Toledo :

Vito, that's one nice Esterbrook. I remember them from my school days, only most I saw were black !! :twisted: :twisted:

I have been using the same pen brand since age 12 when the woman I babysat for gave me one of hers, a blue Pilot Precise V5. When Andy and I spent our first Christmas together and he bought me two dozen of them I knew I was going to keep this man around.

Got two Parkers that I'm using for the next week. The first is my grandfather's 75 I'm using which he bought back in 1965. :

And next will be my Parker Sonnet in black lacquer that I bought back in 1994 :

Aurora Black ink in the 75 and Waterman Havana Brown in the Sonnet.  :twisted:  :twisted: