What I wish I was smoking or involuntary delayed gratifi

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the macdonald

Reaction score
I am stuck in the office, and it will be a minimum of 5 and a 1/2 hours until I can smoke a pipe in peace, but I am craving Ashton Artisan’s blend in my Don Carlos, and seriously considering coming down with an afternoon flu.

Any others suffering from involuntary delayed gratification syndrome?

Haha...those days are rough, I tell ya. I have roughly 12 more hours before I get to be home and I've been at work since 8:30 (two jobs sucks, but I gotta be thankful in this economy).

I'm dreaming of some Dunhill Durbar in a full bent meer. Mmmm...

-Adam

Amen to that brother!
I'm stuck in an office most of the time as well, but right outside in the parking lot is my car with my pipe & baccy waiting on quitting time. Today, I brought my Akropolis Amadeus #346 & filled my pouch with S.G. Med. VA Flake for the trip home.

EJinVA":snh0t27i said:
Amen to that brother!
I'm stuck in an office most of the time as well, but right outside in the parking lot is my car with my pipe & baccy waiting on quitting time. Today, I brought my Akropolis Amadeus #346 & filled my pouch with S.G. Med. VA Flake for the trip home.
\

EJ,
I used to do the same, but the stems started fitting loosely in the shank from being in the heat. No wI only carry cobs.

Really, what gets me through a day like today (11 hour day with no smoke) is snuff. I wasn't thinking, on long days like today, I usually smoke a cigar on my 30 min drive to work. But my stomach was a little upset.

Texas Outlaw":jg0eby63 said:
EJinVA":jg0eby63 said:
Amen to that brother!
\

EJ,
I used to do the same, but the stems started fitting loosely in the shank from being in the heat. No wI only carry cobs.

Really, what gets me through a day like today (11 hour day with no smoke) is snuff. I wasn't thinking, on long days like today, I usually smoke a cigar on my 30 min drive to work. But my stomach was a little upset.
I like a good snus to keep me going on the long days. Some really stout General Loose kept me going this week. The cobs of Larsen on the way home helped too.

Monday morning email from the boss essentially said, “look busy, or else…, well Ok, just look busy.” So here I am, in my office, looking busy, trying to move time forward with my mind, having a finer appreiciation for Dali's melting clock painting, Don Carlos is up in the rotation, and I have one bowl of well aged Artisan’s blend left in the tin and a healthy dose of Kelt cognac waiting for 5:00 PM.