What Is It?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
docwatson":27wn39e4 said:
ajn27511":27wn39e4 said:
I was smoking it last night. I thought it was a great find. :) 
AJ
A great find indeed, what a great crosscut grain.:cheers: :cheers: 
Thanks Andy. If you approve then it is a great find. :) 

AJ

CharlG":qfxvrn7d said:
Cherrywood!
But well, in the end, you can put tobacco in it and smoke it, so it must be a pipe!;) 
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I'll give it a try to see if you're right. :lol: 

AJ

Brewdude":grhqavj2 said:
So AJ, you never said if you were the one to snag this beauty.

:?: 

Cheers,

RR
Snagged and treasured. It was almost too pretty to smoke but a pipe like this one deserves to be used. It's a GBD so it's got to be a great smoker, right? :) 

AJ

ajn27511":ozsty1by said:
Brewdude":ozsty1by said:
So AJ, you never said if you were the one to snag this beauty.

:?: 

Cheers,

RR
Snagged and treasured. It was almost too pretty to smoke but a pipe like this one deserves to be used. It's a GBD so it's got to be a great smoker, right? :) 

AJ
YES and YES!

Lucky dog!

:king:

Cheers,

RR

rothnh":aiogbh94 said:
Impossible not to appreciate.

Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate your comment. It's one of my favorite pipes and sharing it adds to the value for me. :) 

AJ

OK we have resolved that AJ picked up a beaut. No argument there.

As to nomenclature, now you can't tell the players without a program. Cherrywood? As Stossel says, "Give me a break."

Go back a few years and there is no argument. It is a bent poker. So, why come up with Cherrywood. Doesn't even save letters or add information. In fact, it makes things more confusing.

Looks like some marketing genius compared a pipe those
Cherrywood clunkers and said "Wow, that bent poker looks just like a Cherrywood." It is time to point a finger at such goings on and you know which one.

IT IS A BENT POKER! :cheers: :bounce:  :cheers: 

But, if you have to call it a Cherrywood to be oh so avant garde, it is OK by me. :fpalm: 

GBD didn't even list a "Cherrywood" in their shape lists, only a "Poker" so seems to me since it's a GBD you would call it what they did, a Poker ! Kinda like if one owned what others would call a bent Bulldog w/diamond shank made by Dunhill that pipe would be a bent Rhodesian as THAT'S what Dunhill called it. Or as I have, several pipes made by Charatan that they called a "Banker" while the SAME shape is called a "Diplomat" by GBD, Parker and BBB. It's not rocket science, just pipes :evil: :evil: