What is "Twitter"?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
On one of my sport's sites there is a "Twitter" heading. Then one of the basketball players upset his coach by "twittering" while on the bench.

I assume this is a new techological phrase and not a body ailment :shock: .

What is it and how does it work?

Twitter lets you send very short (<140 characters) messages ("tweets"), and read the messages ("follow") sent by other people of your choice on a syndicated feed. It's somewhere between a personal newsletter and hard-boiled detective novel-style first-person narration.

Getting in trouble for twittering when you should be paying attention is all the rage right now--several members of Congress are in the weeds for updating their Twitter feeds during session.

Nah, I'm a Facebook kinda guy! :p

I don't need more digital distractions haha, I should be writing a paper right now!

HistoryMajor":w8kyd510 said:
Nah, I'm a Facebook kinda guy! :p

I don't need more digital distractions haha, I should be writing a paper right now!
Facebook... somhow this week I got on Facebook... I have a new grandchild born last Saturday at the Grey Nuns and my wife wanted me to look on Facebook to see the pictures... Hell, my email box filled up with people wanting to be my friends... :shock: :shock:

You can change it in your Settings so that you don't receive emails every time something happens.

I use it, but only in a receiving capacity. I've made an executive decision that my life is not exciting enough to report on.

My pay as you go cell phone cant text message.Im lucky to have a cell phone where I live.Because Sullivan County is called a"DEAD ZONE"the major cell phone companies dont give me a contract.I only have the pay as you go for when I go out on the bike riding in case of an emergency or breakdown.

nyed001":v8nysah5 said:
My pay as you go cell phone cant text message.Im lucky to have a cell phone where I live.Because Sullivan County is called a"DEAD ZONE"the major cell phone companies dont give me a contract.I only have the pay as you go for when I go out on the bike riding in case of an emergency or breakdown.
Sullivan Co. is a dead zone--how do all those Orthodox guys survive on vacation? In the city, they're glued to their cellphones 24/7... actually, 24/6, since they're Orthodox.

Twitter is something I will never do. :suspect:

Personal privacy is to hard to come by today. :no:

I am electronically challenged anyway so I have no interest in it anyway! :lol: