what is your goto tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetrucker51

Reaction score
I have notice that for me,when I cant decide on what to smoke I always reach for captian black regular

It gors without saying, a Straight Red Va, either McC's 5100 RC or FM 2000. Loooove that ketchup :twisted: :twisted:

Don't have one as such. Variety is the spice of life, as they say. I'd get bored with just one blend.

Ya, that wasn't what you wanted to hear was it!

I do have a rotation of sorts that I listed on another thread somewhere. Too lazy to go looking for it right now.

Cheers,

RR

My go to blend is usually the one that has the most age in my cellar.

Ah Gees, that is a tough one, let me think...................Escudo? :scratch:

20140320_134320.jpg

Smoked in anything and prepared anyway, it's always good

Kind of hard to decide what goto means to me. My all time favorite tobacco is Tudor Castle but I smoke a lot more of McC 5100 RC or Matured Va. # 25. Doesn't make much sense does it? :)

AJ

When I can't decide? Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. Never regret the "choice." Been smokin' long, Pipetrucker?

It varies. Lately I've been reaching for Kendal Kentucky when I can't decide on anything else.

SG Best Brown Flake, prepared properly it's my staple Breakfast every morning.

Brewdude":cq97l2cs said:
MisterE":cq97l2cs said:
PS LBF here. It works. :cheers:

Been reaching for that pretty regularly these days as well. Never fails to satisfy.

:alien:

Cheers,

RR
MacBaren ODF is quickly rising in my starting rotation, too. I'd say that's my top non-VaPer choice lately.

Richard Burley":pabypkpf said:
When I can't decide? Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. Never regret the "choice." Been smokin' long, Pipetrucker?
I have been smoking a pipe for a few years.mostly aros just broke in to none aros and found the satisfaction and complex of full Virginia flake .namely capstan and orlik love this stuff.it took me a while to learn not to rush these.but just setback and get lost in it.

thank you for your reply's .I have noticed that most everyone has weened them selfs off aros as I have done recently .

Never been one for a "go to." As I glance over my shoulder at what must be 50+ different blends, each bowl selection is a process in "Hmmm, what to try next!!" I do tend toward Ginnyweed and Burley in the morning trending toward Latweed/s in the afternoon & evening. But that's not a "fixed' thing; I've been known to do just the opposite!! :p :cheers: FTRPLT

Not sure it's a go to but I do find myself smoking more St James Flake than anything else. Like many others, I enjoy variety too.

A blend that I "go to" at least once a day is esoterica Kingsbridge it's a dark stoved ready rubbed Virginia flake- black as a moonless night - it's rich- full bodied and has a fermented sweetness akin to Stonehaven (minus the burley) it's my absolute favorite RR flake and I've stocked up on it considerably :)

If I just don't know what I want to smoke, or nothing special comes to mind and/or I just want to have a simple thoughless smoke and not have to think about it or be in the mood for it, I usually just grab either Stokkebye Pressed burley or McClelland FMC2000. They don't let me down and they're almost always agreeable.

Right now it seems to be Pegasus. I go through a pound of it every 6 weeks or so. Haunted Bookshop is trending up, and Exclusive is a recent one that has potential. I mix it up a lot, but Pegasus is half of what I have been smoking for probably the last 6 months.