What on earth is... Honey boo boo child?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me ignorant, and I'm but why did everyone start posting pictures of their own children after seeing/reading this...pageant kid (or whatever it's called) story? Is it kind of like when someone posts a picture of an abused dog they feel bad for everyone makes themselves feel better by posting taken-care of dogs? I've seen that on animal forums. Or is it a contest to see who has a better child? I really just wondering, not criticizing or telling anyone how to raise babies or any of that--as if I'd know.

Asking a genuine question above (so please don't take offense, I know people get pretty upset if you even look at their kids the wrong way, hence my repeated eggshell walking), because the whole child-rearing thing is substantially Martian to me (not a hobby I could get into), but I do like learning about people's reasons and thoughts. I figured I'd ask among friends.

Wow, that wasn't a awkward way of approaching that at all. :|

*sigh*

No offense taken, Kyle. Posting pictures of my kids was just my vain attempt to let you all in to my life a little. If we were having this conversation face to face you would know my kids and know who I was talking about. Just trying to take the "distance" out of this brotherhood a bit.....

Perhaps...or not...I'm pretty terrified of (and terrible with) children. :lol: All I know universally is to clean up my language when they start scampering around. Then I try and find a place where piercing screams aren't causing my ears pain (part of the fear, honestly).

I think you all here know more about me than a vast majority of the people I know in person. So, that makes sense. People sharing their lives. I don't do that so much. If these walls were dollars... :lol!:

Yeah, kids are like cats. They find the one person in the room that doesn't like, or want, them and then won't leave them alone.

All-in-all I tend to overshare...maybe it's a girl thing :D

Dave (in Philly) is one proud daddy, Scotties. He posts plenty of pictures of his microhuman. :lol: It surely isn't based on gender alone. :)

Yeah - I think Jers posted a pic not long ago, showing him and his son.

Oh yeah, now I remember where that pics was. :lol:

dr-evil-mini-me.jpeg

Kyle Weiss":lfvj8gyp said:
Call me ignorant, and I'm but why did everyone start posting pictures of their own children after seeing/reading this...pageant kid (or whatever it's called) story? Is it kind of like when someone posts a picture of an abused dog they feel bad for everyone makes themselves feel better by posting taken-care of dogs? I've seen that on animal forums. Or is it a contest to see who has a better child? I really just wondering, not criticizing or telling anyone how to raise babies or any of that--as if I'd know.

Asking a genuine question above (so please don't take offense, I know people get pretty upset if you even look at their kids the wrong way, hence my repeated eggshell walking), because the whole child-rearing thing is substantially Martian to me (not a hobby I could get into), but I do like learning about people's reasons and thoughts. I figured I'd ask among friends.

Wow, that wasn't a awkward way of approaching that at all. :|

*sigh*
Because no one can guilt or nag you into doing something better than a woman can.

I don't prefer to post pictures of myself or my family on the internet, however my wife was sitting with me and I must be ashamed of my daughter if I can't post a picture just like everyone else.

Shows like this are the reason the outdoors was invented...
The only reason I watch Television is for
A. The News
B. The Discovery Channel
C. The Military Channel
and
D. The History Channel

But that's only for about half an hour when I'm somewhere where I can watch TV. I don't have cable at my house.
Back on topic;
Pageants that recognize children's talent and beauty are one thing, but a show about a specific girl who is sexualized with the help of her "MOTHER" makes me sick. This is one of the "Poke it with a stick" kind of entertainments.

Anyone that gets sexual notions from that mother or her daughter should be pitied (and that isn't to say big girls can't be attractive). I think it's more a forced freakshow than it is a sex show. Never know these days, however.

8)

Thank God for PBS and National Public Radio! Lord protect us all from commercial broadcasting as it inexorably drags us down the toilet.

PBS and NPR have their own shill game going on, though. Different players, different rules, same result. Producers are brilliant, albeit very greedy, and very good at what they do.

8)

Reality TV is an insult to the intelligence. That it is so popular is quite sad, actually. I can feel it sucking the IQ right out of the American mind.

Once upon a time, reality TV would be an episode of This Old House followed by Nova...

I have netflix only , so only older shows and no commercials. I get to avoid these stupid shows. Can't stand crap like this.

monbla256":ii7b8dfq said:
The whole thigs is so sad it's really not worth comment. :(
And yet here we all are, commenting :shock: darn insidious television!