What the heck is "rock briar?"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
I've been perusing terminology, listings, descriptions and history, and the term "rock briar," has come up a few times.

Shows markings stamped specifically on certain pipes, others show a strange trait as if "worm holes" or other markings were etched into the finished work.

So, what is it? Are they natural "mistakes" like sand pits but were simply worked around as a feature? Is it a certain growing condition of the burl underground?

Never heard the term outside of Castello's "Sea Rock" designation.

Likely some marketing term/gimmick of some kind. *shrug* Just wondered. Not too into the style, however, it piqued my interest.

Im kinda a savinelli fan and its a savinelli thing Like I posted before the capri root briar. sherwood rock briar. others of savinelli dont have any thing about briar

One of the pages has a wierd latin thing....

http://savinelliusa.com/?specialseries=sitting-antique

Do you suppose the site was hacked?

Translation from Google translate doesn´t have much to do with pipes:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, to cancel reply. Contact was moving from the past. Welcome to this item, put in a data center of life, than your life. Who's freedom more. This great image, or more or more, the gate of life. Any situation. It is more than hate you. For future visits to slide on what you want? Read more here. Read more Comments Djokovic does not want him INCOME said no more. Employment History-class marriage that is ours by torture, by himenaeos initiatives.

Weird. Usually hacked stuff appears over the main page.

Maybe it's a work in progress and they were just testing text on that particular page.

It's nonsensical Latin, used as a "lorem ipsum" (placeholder or filler text) used in publishing to demonstrate the graphic layout of a page (such as font, layout and typography). This is actually quite common, although it shouldn't actually be published (outside of a Publishing textbook perhaps).

My guess is the page designer either isn't yet finished, or copied/pasted the wrong block of text to the live site, and this isn't actually a hack.