What to Smoke on July 4th

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Tkach

Reaction score
I think it's gotta be a Burley if you're patriotic. What's everyone else going to light up?

Being a cheap b*s*a*d, I usually light up one of these a few times in lieu of paying for fireworks, until I realize alcohol and black powder probably shouldn't be mixed. Seriously though, as far as smoking goes, probably cigars.

186010.jpg
" />

Ozark Wizard":75nx8jmt said:
Missouri Meerschaum Independence Day
I guess that's as good as it gets.

DrumsAndBeer":75nx8jmt said:
I usually smoke a cigar, makes lighting fuses easy (and tasty)
dual purpose sounds good.

I do enjoy a good cigar on the Fourth!!! Tis also a good day to get out the clays and my great-grandfathers big ol' hand-made cherry wood (I think) 12-13" long-stemmed (can't say what tree provided the stem!!). 'Baccy will be a rotation of GLP's Cairo, MacB's Golden Extra, Edgeworth Slices, FVF, ABF CH, and PA!!!!! I always smoke Burley in my great granddads pipe, but I have no idea what he really put in it. Most likely something made by RJ Reynolds as he lived in Salem/Winston-Salem, NC. :bom: :bom: :bom: FTRPLT

I'll probably break out some aged McC CC. It's kind of my special occasion bowl.

Ha, Christmas Cheer on the 4th of July! Christmas in July I reckon. :santa:

Still it's an American toby, and I'll have it in my Growley Pot. All-American 'baccy and an all-American pipemaker.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

I bought a canister of Barking Dog on the secondary market a while ago. I opened it the other day in case it needed rehydration (it did, but not a lot; it was probably just inside some of the folks here preferred moisture zone). I tried it this morning, and will do so again tomorrow -- in a cob, of course!

Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Churchill and a bowl of Milan Sultans blend most likely. 8)

At some point, after dark, I shall burn The Royal Yacht.

No great plans as the 4th of July isn't a big fuss down here. I did realize that I haven't a single US made pipe in my herd, though! Kinda feels weird smoking an English pipe loaded with a Danish blend. Very un-patriotic. Might have to do something about that coming up.