What tobacco did you smoke today...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc Manhattan":hmgeh6w4 said:
This is perfect, as I'm smoking a new-to-me blend that I'm enjoying, but doesn't really merit a full-topic review.

Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake. It's either a very aromatic classic-style burley, or an aromatic with a strong burley basis. Either way, it's very nice. The copy says it's dark and white burleys, some red VA, flavored with cocoa, anise, and rum. On my palate, I definitely get the blended burleys, anise, and rum... less so the VA and cocoa, though there's definitely something else to it. Sort of an intersection of PA, ERR, and Uhle's Crushed White. Like most classic-style burleys, much less topping note after half a bowl. Very room-note friendly. Certainly nice for the price--maybe not *my* all-day smoke, but I can see it fitting someone's bill for that.
I just sampled a bowl of the Classic Burley Kake, courtesy of Doc (thanks again Brother!) I have to say I agree word for word with Doc's review quoted above. I liked it alot. Taste wise I'll just say "Ditto"... as for 'aromatic' or something else... I will say that the room note was very nice... but not heavy. It was a nice smooth smoke.

I tried my first bowl of flake tobacco today. Peterson University Flake. Described on TobaccoReviews.com as follows:
Originally manufactured in Ireland by Murray, and now manufactured in Germany by Kohlhase & Kopp. The new tin description reads "An easy smoking blend of fine Virginias and Burley tobaccos, made the traditional way."
Curing Group: Air Cured
Contents: Burley
Kentucky
Virginia
Flavoring: Fruit / Citrus
Cut: Flake
Blend Notes: A light, berry-like top dressing applied that is evident in the smoke. The K&H website describes it as "pflaume" which is the German word for plum.

Loaded up a new cob to really experience the untainted flavor. I did detect the light fruit/citrus flavor, not overpoweringly so by any means. I "sipped" the bowl as per the admonitions of Brothers regarding Virginias... It was very nice smooth smoke.

Tobacco in a pipe.

OK, if you want more specifics Westminster in a Danish Made Bent Ball.

Today: Squadron Leader, Margate, Garvey's Balkan and Hatch's Choice (two latakia blends from Jon's Pipe Shop).

Steve

Some Haunted bookshop in the morning, then some Escudo in the afternoon. Both were damn fine smokes...I can't decide which one to have another bowl of.

Started the morning with a bowl of Maltese Flacon, had an afternoon smoke of some Milonga. Maltese Falcon has that great English taste of latakia that I've decided I like alot. The Milonga is a really nice aromatic from Dan tobacco. Great, non-cloying room note. The topping does subside quite a bit at the half-bowl mark... but that isn't a bad thing, because the sweet Virginia tobacco used in the blend has a really nice taste too.

Red Cap in the am. Peterson Sweet Killarney noon until about 5 pm I may have smoked my last bowl of this tasteless tongue biting aireo matic cow pie stuff. 10 Downing Street now.

My latest cigar from today onwards, a Chieftain's Highland,is pretty good with good taste and fragrance

Borkum Riff's Admirals Flake Vanilla. Very nice indeed with a cup of coffee early this morning.

Peterson's University Flake. With a cup of tea not that long ago.

McClellands 2015 in a Cob.
It collided with the Kimchi, fried okra and jalepenos.
Any recommendations :shock:

Bill

sand18f":qllz31uu said:
McClellands 2015 in a Cob.
It collided with the Kimchi, fried okra and jalepenos.
Any recommendations :shock:

Bill
Pepto Bismal????