What watch are you wearing today ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out my blue face Pulsar that has been in the original box and new, which has been in the nightstand for 20 years, took it to get a battery and some links removed last week.  Put it on this week.  First time I've worn a watch in 20+ years.  Now that I'll not be able to work anymore, I won't have to work around electrical panels in the future.  Got my rings re-sized too.

Hey Cart:  If nothing else, it's always Happy Hour wherever you are.   :joker:

Been wearing my father's Explorer that he bought back in '59. Had it re-furbed about 5 years ago and put it on a black croc strap. I usually wear it on the week prior to when he died. on the 31st of Dec, 20 years ago.

My wife bought me this Accutron "Lunar Module Pilot" chronograph for our 25 anniversary, which I wear 99% of the time. For yard work, etc. I have a 25 year old Seiko divers watch.

I just bought a Seiko XK009 (Pepsi) Diver for daily wear.

71Hawzsd5ZL._UY879_.jpg

I love auto-racing, so I snagged these two NATA straps.

The Seiko should arrive sometime next week.

Gulf Oil Livery (or LeMans)

IMG_4641.jpg

ford-gt-40-06.jpg

Martini Racing Livery

Cheapest_nato_straps-_martini_racing_1.jpg

martini_racing_porsche_by_karayaone-d4qp35c.jpg

Pop's old Bulova, c. 1940's.  She's nicked up a bit and the dial's a little faded, but she still runs like a top...

005_zpsdylogyls.jpg

I never wear a watch at Duty in purpose, when i was young i like the watches with chronographs etc but i discover that it's difficult to read them especially when i am in a hurry.
If i have to wear i choose a Seiko 5 [old model] or a Casio [my wife's gift], an Orient VX in Cafe, with my vest at visits/celebrations a cheap Shwartz or a Russian молнии antique pocket watch [with a chain in my vest] and an Orient UN4T with dark blue background for weddings/Easter etc.
I don't like big fancy expensive watches, you create attention and i don't want people steering at my for this reason.Generally speaking i don't want to have stress for jewellery that why i never spend money for expensive rings-chains etc.

Went diving today ( figuratively speaking ) and wore one of my old divers I used to use when I dove back in the '70s, a Seiko 6105-8000 . Will probably wear this one all this next week ! :twisted:

monbla256":dexi20er said:
Went diving today and wore one of my old divers I used to use when I dove back in the '70s, a Seiko 6105-8000 .
Flooding in Texas, too?  :shock: 8)

Al: Your Martini watch is too awesome. That's my favorite sponsor for auto racing.

monbla256":97ois055 said:
Sloth":97ois055 said:
I wore a 1989 Omega Speedmaster Professional from the day I bought it a week before my birthday that year until a couple of years ago when the bracelet's weakest link failed and the other weak links began reporting for failure with notably candid alacrity. I kept it wound for a year or so until one day the mainspring either slipped off the hook from the drum, or just plain broke. Since then, my wrist's been bare. I still instinctively feel it's where to look to see the time, but I've grown resigned to fishing a 2013 iPhone 5 out of a flapped shirt pocket and pressing a button.
They make replacement OEM bracelets as well as equally as good aftermarket ones. Why didn't you just get a new bracelet? :twisted: :twisted:
I left out the part about having no money because contemplating the whole sordid business was too painful. Fortunately the worst is over. And it pales beside what I'm about to post in Life Events.

Started the new year with my GMT Master I got in Hong Kong back in '69. Pic was taken by IWW who cleaned and adjusted it for me 7 years ago.