What's in a name?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
Huh, was discussing my username with a friend and she mentioned something about me obviously being a hot pipe-smoking babe, which I thought was odd. When I joined this forum I was very new to pipe smoking so I picked Briarbabe as in I'm very new to the briar, a Briar babe. Now, I'm wondering how many figured it was the hot pipe-smoking babe version...which isn't to say that meaning isn't true as well. :p

I feel ya', when I picked my username I was thinking "simple man" as in the songs by the likes of Charlie Daniels, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Ricky Van Shelton; songs about a simple kind of living and ideology. It has occurred to me recently that some see the name and think it means that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...which isn't to say that meaning isn't true as well. :lol!:

Simple Man":9odzc6bt said:
I feel ya', when I picked my username I was thinking "simple man" as in the songs by the likes of Charlie Daniels, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Ricky Van Shelton; songs about a simple kind of living and ideology. It has occurred to me recently that some see the name and think it means that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...which isn't to say that meaning isn't true as well. :lol!:
Haha, not at all. I knew what you meant immediately.

Lesath":24mkw31x said:
If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer you to remain Briarbabe.  Tobacco Toddler, Lakeland Lass, or Twist Teenybopper would seem odd at this juncture.
I quite agree! Flakefetus is just awful. ;)

Lesath":waq1cvsv said:
Or Pipeplacenta...  You just changed clothes--look at that new avatar.
Yes, that one is one of my more tame ones. I like to raise the blood pressure around here occasionally. Good for 'em. Plus, it adds to that pipe smoking babe thing.

BRIARBABE. From what and how you've responded in the past, fits you PERFECTLY !! You ARE a BABE and there's nothing wrong with that !! :twisted: Don't change a thing but those Wellies do look good on ya !! :twisted: :twisted:

I simply took your handle as Briar (natural for a pipe board) and Babe (to state that you are female). Seems a clever alliteration. The newbie aspect hadn't occurred to me.

People overthink things sometimes.

Lesath":e5k1oe72 said:
Strong work!  Thankfully, Father Time and work has taken care of that BP issue for me.  Still though, a good picture, and I have to ask if and what you were smoking when it was snapped.

Ha! At the time nothing, this is actually from a beautiful boudoir shoot. I have a good friend who is a photographer, she was expanding her portfolio. I was asked to pull off "sexy" at 7:15 in the morning, good light and all that.

At one point she had me tied to a stool half naked and my daughter called asking if she could bring her new gentleman friend round to meet me. My friend was in the background screaming, "YES! YES! Come over right now!" I said it wasn't a good time, I was tied up at the moment. Har, har. We were laughing so hard I couldn't keep a straight face for the camera for a good ten minutes. She tried to sober me by saying, "Think of dead puppies." I just laughed harder.

Anywho, it was a fun excuse to parade around my living room in my underwear and guarantee I'll never run for office.

Briarbabe":wujid64z said:
Anywho, it was a fun excuse to parade around my living room in my underwear and guarantee I'll never run for office.
I don't think there many of us here who would dare do so, for various reason :shock:

I know you've been waiting impatiently for my response to this so here goes.
I see it the same as your friend does.
It takes a lot of thought to pick the right forum name because no matter what
some say, that is the first thing they see and connect with from your first post on.
Opinions are formed from it also, so one should be careful about picking the right one.

Yes I know, alot of people thought I was the son of Satan himself
or close to it by the name I chose to use. Not much I can do about it now but, I think,
at least hope many know now I'm in no way even close to that image.

As for yours Jack, I NEVER thought that of your name, I always contributed it to
a simple man with simple ways like myself, certainly not a simpleton. ;)

I do find myself pondering some of the handles on our forum. Some make perfect sense, and some prob have meaning to said individuals, and some just sound good. I chose mine thinking it had a decent ring to it, and kind of ironic bc I'm not that old and have only been smoking a pipe for a year. fun stuff!

Lesath":a9e3k4lz said:
Son of Satan?  I know better.   East Texas is God's country.  I bet you could torment the hell out of him though.
I'd sure give it a hell of a try.