What's in your back pocket?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
Every day carry....in a man's pocket. What's in yours?

We all carry our wallet, our keys, our knives and some of us conceal carry. Back left pockets are "reserved" if we are pipe smokers. Mine is always well stocked with Engine 99. What's your EDC?

I absolutely loathe carrying stuff in my pants pockets, which is why I always wear a coat of some kind. When it gets really hot out, I wear one of those 511 (?) tactical vests. I can't believe the crap a pipe smoker needs to carry in order to function as such. As far as "going heavy," that's another order of painintheassery, spare mags, etc. Then there's the phone, sunglasses, condoms, a snack, etc. Life is so much more difficult than when I was a child--just wake up in the morning, pull on a pair of khaki shorts, and run outside.

Not a bad subject.

I also hate carrying things in my pants pockets, but I also hate being overburdened by packs, totes and no, for me, vests are only for the field when I have to carry work equipment.

Left front pocket: chapstick, phone
Right front (main): keys
Right front (coin): folding knife
Right rear: open or concealed carry
Left rear: Wallet

Some of you may ask, "...why the hell is your wallet in your left pocket? You're right-handed." I also shoot with my right hand. Makes sense, eh? 8) Years ago, I broke my right wrist. I started carrying my wallet in my left rear pocket as I healed--it just kind of stayed that way.

Where do the pipes etc. go? I just hand-carry my case with all my smoking effects. If not, it goes in a jacket pocket or my field backpack.

I'm with you guys, I don't carry much more than I have to in my britches pockets . In the winter, most of my pipe stuff, roll-up pouch, pipe etc is in jacket pockets with wallet in left rear britches pocket, ( I to am right handed :p ) change and pipe nail in r. front and lighter and handkerchief in L.front. In summer, my pipe if lit is in mouth otherwise it is bowl down in shirt pocket and roll-up is in r. rear pocket. I don't carry more than 1 pipe when out so it stays simple. As always KISS it :p

I dont carry anything in my back pockets. Right front is for keys , left front is a money clip with license and credit card holder. I carry a small daypack to work with a thermos , water bottle and phone , this is where the pipe pouch goes also. I like to carry the minimum evan when i fish i found i dont really need a vest to often.

I also don't like to carry suff in my pants pockets. I wear a travel vest I bought at Cabela's. It can hold everything I want on me. Wallet, keys, knife, small flashlight, lighter, pipe, tamp and roll up pouch. Also, depending on where I'm going, I can conceal carry very nicely.

Ha...interesting thread. Kyle...a knife and a gun??!!....u one baddass mofo. Wouldn't want to meet you in an alley.

Lol just kiddin...I carry a knife too...but my gun goes in a holster that attaches to my belt.

Anyways

Left rear=empty
Right rear=wallet
Right front=cash, spring assisted folding knife attached with a clip (Kershaw...love Kershaw), and cell phone.
Left front=keys (but sometimes these go in a jacket pocket if its cold out)

Left rear=wallet, comb
Right rear=handkerchief, small whet stone
Right front= folding knife attached with a clip (Schrade) and a Case stock knife
Left front=keys
Glock 19 IWB right side

Boxerbuddy":2o74c1le said:
Ha...interesting thread. Kyle...a knife and a gun??!!....u one baddass mofo. Wouldn't want to meet you in an alley.

Lol just kiddin...I carry a knife too...but my gun goes in a holster that attaches to my belt.
This just gave me a great idea for a new thread...one I know you gents will contribute to... heh.

...well, I can't very well cut my JKP with a li'l 9mm, now can I? Right tools for the right job, I guess. I'm a wannabe badass. Really. Most of my carrying is open, but that's what The Judge is for... 8) Never know what kind of snakes lurk in Nevada... :p

I'm left-handed and almost always wear shirts with button-pockets.

Left Rear - Wallet, Comb, and Ink Pen
Right Rear - empty
Left Front - Keys, change
Right Front - cash

Shirt pocket - Pipe tool, BIC Lighter, baggie of Tobac

My back pockets are empty. I had developed back pain early in my driving career. The doc asked me to turn around. He jerked the wallet out and handed it to me saying "in two or three days your back pain will go away". It did and I learned my lesson.
My front pockets Have a case folder, maybe a receipt or two, and of I'm real lucky some wadded up bills.

nothing in my back pockets (Back Pains) in the right front pocket wallet, in the left when I'm at work a pen and a laser pointer, cellphone in a holster on the left side, when not a work wallet in the right front pocket, cellphone on the left side, I always carry a pocket knife on the left hand pocket.

P.S. you guys carry a gun everywhere you go?

LV9":8sfdgsru said:
P.S. you guys carry a gun everywhere you go?
Sometimes two! :lol:

Kidding. And no. I rarely carry in town unless I'm going to be on foot, gallivanting aimlessly, but I also like to stop in places for a drink, and there's stipulations on concealed carry combined with bars/alcohol that's generally not a good idea. I have considerable martial arts training for open-hand stuff. For my work, my revolver is part of my tool belt. I work in backwater Nevada, and you never know who is growing/cooking what over the next ridge staying "off the radar," and quite honestly, I feel better knowing the "local wildlife" might keep their distance if I do, too. 8)

I am a retired police officer, I only carry now if I an in high crime areas such as large city's ie. San Francisco, Oakland.

Saint":eqidu3cr said:
I am a retired police officer, I only carry now if I an in high crime areas such as large city's ie. San Francisco, Oakland.
You're lucky you're allowed to carry there--I sure ain't! 8)

Funny how some threads just take on a life of their own. I was originally making reference to the days that all pipe smokers carried a roll up pouch typically in their left rear pocket. If you notice, I mentioned that my EDC was Engine 99. No responders followed through on their carry blend. Life was so simple for our grandpas. Now as we are grandpas we carry much more heat and far too much to keep in pants pockets. Nevertheless, for those who smoke a pipe our pouch is always with us. Mine is still in my left rear pocket and always filled with the Engine.

LIPIPE":ri64bacx said:
Funny how some threads just take on a life of their own. I was originally making reference to the days that all pipe smokers carried a roll up pouch typically in their left rear pocket. If you notice, I mentioned that my EDC was Engine 99.
I thought that's what the question was, but figured I'd misunderstood once I read everyone's list of wallets/tools/knives/guns/grenades. :p

Lately my pouch has been filled with dh nightcap, though there is no real signifigance to it being in the left except for the fact that I am left handed. I do not carry open or concealed on my hip, and I will leave it at that. I keep my buck 110 in my coin pocket, and my S&W M&P on the back of my belt. My wallet stays in my breast pocket on my coat, and my pipe tools stay in the pen knife pocket attached to the breast pocket. My carrying pipe and other pipe accessories that I carry are in their own cases.

Sorry, we did off topic, 80% of the time my roll up has McCranie's Old Master, the other 20% McClellands Samovar when I feel like Latakia, mostly on the weekends.

Hey Saint: No need for apologies. This has been a fun thread. Bottom line learned today is never to f**k with a guy who smokes a pipe. He may look like your grandpa, he may smell like a campfire, but you can never be too sure about what "equipment" he may be carrying in his pocket.