What's similar to Dunhill Early Morning Pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wintermute

Reaction score
I was gifted some of this delicious blend, and found that I like it. Particularly outside, before anyone else is awake, and with some coffee. I just found out that Dunhill is not available in the States? What would everyone recommend as a similar blend?

I've heard rumors that this smoke was named for it's good quality to be smoked just before bedtime, as in midnight, 1:00 AM "early morning" rather than just after waking up. Anyone know which it is supposed to reflect?

The rooster and rising sun on the tin seems to suggest "wakeup" rather than "all-nighter." And it's less likely that Dunhill would make a product to compete with its own Nightcap mixture.

wintermute":2zpy3rdz said:
I was gifted some of this delicious blend, and found that I like it. Particularly outside, before anyone else is awake, and with some coffee. I just found out that Dunhill is not available in the States? What would everyone recommend as a similar blend?
McClelland's AM Pipe is an excellent reproduction of EMP. Actually, it's better than EMP.

Try Daybreak from pipesandcigars.com. It is a blend that a few members of the NY Pipe Club requested of Russ Oulette to blend as a replacement for EMP.

It is a wonderful blend!

Lou, NY

My vote goes with McC AM Pipe as well. Since EMP became unavailable, I've substituted this quite satisfactorily.

I would be curious to hear fellow "BoB's" thoughts who were already in this years Spring Forward Pass on the subject with the McClellands A.M. Pipe as this is one of the blends that was put in for sampling. I tried it and enjoyed it very much, but have not been an Early Morning Pipe smoker so cannot compare.