Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigSmoke

Reaction score
Hey everyone, being new to the world of pipes I'm ignorant of the best shows to attend to find estate pipes for sale, restoration and construction demonstrations, and tobacco...

I'd like to know what the best shows are to attend, especially those in the US north east or mid west, shows I can make it to in a days drive.

Any help is much appreciated. Bonus points if you can name a show in a state that allows smoking in pubs! :D

Edit
I found a list of events, not sure if it's cool to post a link so I wont, but it looks like NewYork and Chicago are bigger shows and I've just missed them. Anyone have experience with the North American Society of Pipe Collectors show in Columbus?

A long days drive could probably land you in Richmond which held its show in October but unless there is any further announcement it has been eliminated. I point this out not tease but inform. So if you see Richmond listed anywhere you can discount it as old info. Sadly. Good luck, I haven't traveled to any other shows myself but I'm sure some will know better than me.

Come to the Kansas City Show June 19-21. There will be quite a few estate pipe vendors there. George Dibos is doing a pipe refurb clinic on Saturday evening before the banquet.

If you can't make KC the NASPC show is worth attending.

scotties22":j9rhffav said:
Come to the Kansas City Show June 19-21.  There will be quite a few estate pipe vendors there.  George Dibos is doing a pipe refurb clinic on Saturday evening before the banquet.

If you can't make KC the NASPC show is worth attending.
I was in Kansas City around 2004 for a woodblock print making symposium, I stayed at a studio in a dodgy part of town but I really enjoyed it there. Its called the city of fountains IIRC, and I did a woodblock print of one of the fountains w/ a mermaid.

Its a solid 2 day drive to get there... so there is potential there. Better yet I recall the westport district is very nice to visit, and was cigar friendly back then.. I wonder if it still is.