WHAT'S THE ODDS? Never Mind, I was Wrong!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I was browsing a well known auction site when I came across a strange look'en Rad Davis pipe, well not the pipe really but, the logo on the stem.
After closer inspection I see it has a Mark Tinsky stem on it that just happens to be a square shank also, although a bit bigger then the shank it seems to be passing for the original somehow.

So does this make it a Rad Tinsky or Mark Davis pipe ?  :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":78a8wwkv said:
So does this make it a Rad Tinsky or Mark Davis pipe ?  :twisted: :twisted:
Radinsky!

I expect Rad will chime in shortly, but.....

With their shared history I wonder if this was intentional or did someone need a stem fixed and found one that fit or what.

Ron,
I may be wrong, as usual, but I believe that logo to be ASP alt.smokers.pipes which is or was a pipe forum/website. I used to visit that site on occasion but it is very inactive and has been for a long time. That may be a pipe that they commissioned some years ago.
Andy

docwatson":nz2ycodp said:
Ron,
I may be wrong, as usual, but I believe that logo to be ASP alt.smokers.pipes which is or was a pipe forum/website. I used to visit that site on occasion but it is very inactive and has been for a long time. That may be a pipe that they commissioned some years ago.
Andy
Yes sir you are correct! I seen that logo on one of Mark's and just assumed. :oops: 
But, I also thought that Rad being the perfectionist that he is would have fitted the stem better. If you look closely it doesn't quit fit flush, a little over size. Of course I could be wrong on both counts and may just be the photo.  

Okay! I'm gona go hide in a big bowl of Escudo now. :fpalm: 

Absolutely no need to hide behind a cloud of Escudo. I am wrong more times than anyone :bom: 

Just go and fire up one of those new Masto Bulldogs!!
 :lol!: 

Maybe the guy who did the refurbishing took some of the shank off? I have a GBD which was "refurbished" by a "professional" and now the stem is a bit narrower than the shank. It might be the other way round with this Radinsky

docwatson":3lvmb06i said:
Absolutely no need to hide behind a cloud of Escudo. I am wrong more times than anyone :bom: 

Just go and fire up one of those new Masto Bulldogs!!
 :lol!: 
Can you think of a better cloud to hide behind Doc?

And that was a feeble attempt at getting me to smoke one of new pipes.
Gees! Do I have "STUPID" written across my forehead? Wait a minute.........never mind.

Although I did learned something,......how to spell Idiot, C, A, R,T, A, D, O, O, F, U, S, S!  ;) 

SpeedyPete":qyss226p said:
Maybe the guy who did the refurbishing took some of the shank off?  I have a GBD which was "refurbished"  by a "professional" and now the stem is a bit narrower than the shank.  It might be the other way round with this Radinsky
That'll teach ya not to send it to me

Probably Humidity

Still a good looking pipe there Ron! Nothing a little duct tape can't fix right?

huffelpuff":t2znt64v said:
Still a good looking pipe there Ron! Nothing a little duct tape can't fix right?
What? I don't see anything.

That pipe was a shape I did for the ASP POY in, I think, 2005. That stem is original, and we used some ASP logos that Paul Tatum had left over from an earlier ASP project (Tamper?) They weren't the best for use on a pipe stem.  :lol: 

The shape they asked for was a volcano, and Mark and I did differing versions but used the same logo. They retailed for around $100.

ASP is but a shadow of its former self.  :lol: 

Rad