What's up from Virginia!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juanmedusa":pgp0n2le said:
Another Brother of the Commonwealth, welcome. Where about in the state do you live? I'm up in Fairfax myself.
Hey, juan! Sorry for the late reply. I'm down south. So, close to the border that if I get up on the wrong side of the bed I have to pay Virginia and North Carolina taxes for the rest of the day.

Piffyr":2ek7e0sb said:
juanmedusa":2ek7e0sb said:
Another Brother of the Commonwealth, welcome. Where about in the state do you live? I'm up in Fairfax myself.
Hey, juan! Sorry for the late reply. I'm down south. So, close to the border that if I get up on the wrong side of the bed I have to pay Virginia and North Carolina taxes for the rest of the day.
And I'm almost in D.C.!

juanmedusa":v9o1uore said:
And I'm almost in D.C.!
So, should we divide it lengthwise, or do we have to fight for ownership of the whole thing? ;)

Piffyr":jkrti54k said:
juanmedusa":jkrti54k said:
And I'm almost in D.C.!
So, should we divide it lengthwise, or do we have to fight for ownership of the whole thing? ;)
With traffic up here it doesn't make sense for me to claim much below Fredericksburg! My sister lives in Richmond so if you'll allow me free passage there you can have most of it!

Hope it ain't so hard for you to get around down there. It's getting bad up here. And expensive. The wife wants to leave the area at some point. I was born here so I'm a bit hesitant but I have to admit it's not the same place anymore.

juanmedusa":i9g17iyj said:
With traffic up here it doesn't make sense for me to claim much below Fredericksburg! My sister lives in Richmond so if you'll allow me free passage there you can have most of it!

Hope it ain't so hard for you to get around down there. It's getting bad up here. And expensive. The wife wants to leave the area at some point. I was born here so I'm a bit hesitant but I have to admit it's not the same place anymore.
Not nearly so hard, juan. I get up that way for work from time to time and I know exactly what you mean about the traffic. Luckily, you don't need to go very far south before it eases up a lot. You're good by the time you hit Charlottesville as long as you stay out of the traffic tangle around Richmond. I'd look around down that way if I were you. It might feel more like home than home does now.

I like that area. We have a friend we visit on Afton Mountain that bugs us to come down there.