What's up with Sam Gawith blends?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gospelman

Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but I seem to be having a hard time finding Squadron Leader and other SG offerings at smokingpipes.com.

Is it a problem with supply? Transportation? It seems like for the last little while they're always out of stock.

Mike

I, too, had a hard time recently trying to get Squadron Leader. There was none to be had in Columbus at the time of the pipe show last month. I did talk to the lady from Pipes and Pleasures who told me to call their shop the next week to get some. I haven't followed up since then. Got a lot of other tobacco there that I have been enjoying. Smokers Haven had quite a bit of Sam Gawith Commonwealth in 1 pound bags. I've been working my way through that and some of the Smokers Haven Krumble Kake.

Seems like we go through this every other year..
The answer always seems to end up being "its the importers fault"...

Everyone was out of FVF for months it seems, back in the early summer. I guess the manufacturing process is part of the issue. They probably process flakes for a while then English etc...??? Then it's all gotta be packed up and shipped (or would they fly it?) over here.

I heard that these shipments were held up by U.S. Customs, the FDA, EPA, IRS, ATF,CDC,USDA,DOT,ACLU, PETA and possibly the editors of Good Housekeeping magazine

Mike B.