What's up with SF?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, on a positive note, when I went to register on SF, my handle "Dutch" was already taken, so I had to register as "Dutch35611."

Now that I had to re-register again this morning, I was able to acquire "Dutch," so now I have matching handles on both forums. This in itself should be some compensation for the inconvenience some folks have experienced.

I know I feel a lot better now.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dutch":1zx6najp said:
Well, on a positive note, when I went to register on SF, my handle "Dutch" was already taken, so I had to register as "Dutch35611."

Now that I had to re-register again this morning, I was able to acquire "Dutch," so now I have matching handles on both forums. This in itself should be some compensation for the inconvenience some folks have experienced.

Winning!!

I was able to retain my original handle on the mutual admiration society forum as well!!!:lol!: 

Dutch":8vhhjmy2 said:

There can be only one Dutch. Glad you scored your proper moniker, Chris.

sisyphus":uruisq60 said:
Christ on a cross, they didn't keep backups??????????
They would have put him back up there after they took him down, but since they couldn't find him for three days, they gave up. Someone got fired over it, I'm sure. Which means, dismembered by lions.

riff raff":d8m7zwd2 said:
tzakiel":d8m7zwd2 said:
Anybody know what's up with DC?  I mean, just in general.
They were hacked too, just a few decades back...
That's what they get for taking down the firewall the British put up in 1814.

SF has given reasons and lots of excuses...reminds me of one of my favorite quotes...

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining...

If these folks were hacked I would cut them some slack, and suspect cyber-antitobacco Nazi terrorism. Nothing with those people can surprise me.

Gee, I wonder how many triggers I just pulled for the NSA snooper scanners?

Aristokles":z6hlxng9 said:
Gee, I wonder how many triggers I just pulled for the NSA snooper scanners?
Have no fear, you are in no more danger than the rest of us!!!!! Every single post you make here or anywhere else can and will be scrutinized at some point, and as for stuff being lost due to hackers. No way.:shock: 

I am reading the new book "The New Digital Age" by Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen. I highly recommend it for everyone. Their insight and pros and cons about our digital world will put everything we do online in new perspective. Sorry to go off topic, I just thought it fit in with your question. :D 

SF appears to be back close to full strength. For myself, that forum is a good companion to the other big pipe forum players. For some collectors (serious) the SF is one of the few forums where they participate, so that platform is a valuable place to interact with those folks.

riff raff":teerhb0f said:
SF appears to be back close to full strength.  For myself, that forum is a good companion to the other big pipe forum players.   For some collectors (serious) the SF is one of the few forums where they participate, so that platform is a valuable place to interact with those folks.  
Those aforementioned collectors would congregate on their old subforum the common sewers. I liked following that as well as a few other subforums including 1 of your favorites about English pipes riff raff, which they referred to as social groups. As for now, all social groups are gone and with their demise so went my enthusiasm for SF. Earl

earl":qr53ny94 said:
riff raff":qr53ny94 said:
SF appears to be back close to full strength.  For myself, that forum is a good companion to the other big pipe forum players.   For some collectors (serious) the SF is one of the few forums where they participate, so that platform is a valuable place to interact with those folks.  
Those aforementioned collectors would congregate on their old subforum the common sewers. I liked following that as well as a few other subforums including 1 of your favorites about English pipes riff raff, which they referred to as social groups. As for now, all social groups are gone and with their demise so went my enthusiasm for SF. Earl
The Social Groups have all been restored, including the Sewers. I was a fan primarily of the Streets of London group, for British pipes. I'm not a fan of or owner of any artisan pipes, so I didn't spend much time in the Sewers.