What's your favorite MM Cobs????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the natural freehand. It smokes cool and is very lightweight.

I like English blends in the Country Gentleman and VaPers in the Diplomat, but that may be an idiosyncrasy. The Great Dane is a nice shape, too.

On the recommendation of this board, I purchased two of the Walker Briar Works forever stems and alternate them among my cobs. Don't get me wrong: MMs are fine with the standard stems, but the Walker stems are a fantastic upgrade to them for very little coin.

I prefer the Diplomats & the Country Gentleman. As a rule I don't smoke Latakia blends in cobs, but I find that cobs are great for burleys, Lakelands and an occasional aromatic. :D 

Anyone thinking of getting a "General" should know this is a big, heavy pipe; certainly not a clencher. The bowl is so deep that you might need fireplace matches to light it. For hand-held smoking and given that relights didn't become problematic, deeper/deep in the bowl, it would be fine.

I own a Diplomat, & Country Gentleman with Forever P-Lip stems. and a Danish Egg with a Mini-warden stem and a Legend with a standard Forever stem.

I really didn't care for the MM cobs until I started buying the Forever stems - changed the whole dynamic. The Diplomat and Country Gentleman are my favorites.

I own a Legend, 2 Country Gents and a General. Another vote for the Country Gentleman.

My cob of choice is a 5th Avenue -- actually a SmokinDragon Custom Cob which happens to have a MM 5th Avenue bowl -- the bowl size is perfect for me.