What's Your Favorite Pipe Season ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
My favorite is Fall. The blustery cool air and turning leaves seem to draw me into daydreaming with my pipe. So I wrote this below. Plus a fall picture I captured.

The Fall is like a last kiss of summer. It holds the beauty of warmer colors to prepare the soul for the bleakness and frozen times of natures frozen kiss... W.C.Rewalt

I like summer. Although it's hot, I'm most comfortable in shorts & a T-shirt. Summer is thunderstorm time down here. I love to smoke my pipe during the drama of a storm.

Give me the Fall or Winter a Pipe and glass of Brandy the smell of Hoppys #9 and a good bird dog.

Fall by far is when I smoke the most. I wish it was fall weather all year round. There is nothing like that autmun season. Nothing can compare. Everything is right.

I deplore summer. No use for it at all. I have smoked this summer more than in recent years, but I hate the hot season. I'd rather be cold than hot any day.

I love the winter, as they are somewhat mild here with a few cold snaps thrown in for good measure. It's fun camping out in the cold and enjoying a pipe by a roaring fire.

I love the newness and freshness of spring. It's when I catch the most trout, and i love smoking by the stream.

But give me fall! All year long!

since I only smoke outside and since autumn is only about 10 minutes long in Kansas, (we usually go from blazing heat right into full fledged winter) I'd have to say Spring time is my favorite pipe season.

Winter,, When the deep snow hits, we're somewhat restricted from outside activities for about three months, thus leaving idle gaps to fill. After fighting the weather all day at work there's time to pop open the lid on a few new blends and relax uninterrupted. This is the season I can load up a full bowl confident I'll finish.

Muddler":38qimj9x said:
I like summer. Although it's hot, I'm most comfortable in shorts & a T-shirt. Summer is thunderstorm time down here. I love to smoke my pipe during the drama of a storm.
Ja, ditto that Muddler!!!

For me a brisk Fall day is the best for smoking, but Fall is my favourite season for most things, so I'm biased.

Fall and Winter. I smoke very little when the temps are in the 80's & 90's.

Yes, fall is by far my favorite smoking season as well, since I only smoke outdoors along with a good number of you fellow BoB's. I will smoke outside in the summer but mostly the humidity drives me back inside within 10 minutes or so. Takes lots of DGT to get me all the way through a bowl full in the summer time. Now that we are getting cooler weather, a pipe and a steaming cup of coffee or a diet soda keeps me satisfied until nothing but ashes are left. When the bitter cold of winter comes along, I generally keep up the pace pretty well, as long as the sun is shining I can handle the cold. A pipe out on the deer stand on a bright day in early winter is one of my favorite times as well.

I think I like the pipe best in Fall, when I can go for long walks and watch the colors change. Then again, nothing is finer than a pipe in my jaw and a book in hand in Winter. And puffing on a cob as I garden in Spring is perfect. So is working the grill with a good blend and a tall drink and lots of friends in Summer.

So in answer to the question, my favorite pipe season is whichever one is happening right now.

Doc Manhattan":ignnkp6z said:
I think I like the pipe best in Fall, when I can go for long walks and watch the colors change. Then again, nothing is finer than a pipe in my jaw and a book in hand in Winter. And puffing on a cob as I garden in Spring is perfect. So is working the grill with a good blend and a tall drink and lots of friends in Summer.

So in answer to the question, my favorite pipe season is whichever one is happening right now.
I'm with the Doc on this one :)

Since I only partake in the privacy of my back deck...Summer and fall seem to work great for me.

Fall for me also. Love when people start using their fireplaces and you get that smell in the air along with a light crisp, clean breeze. I've noticed that the fall has been shorter and the winters have been longer. I hate when that happens. Hopefully, global warming will reach me someday....... :roll:

Yep. Gotta go with the fall. It was in the fall that I returned to the pipe after twenty-plus years.

I've been smoking pipe for less than a year now so I don't really have the right point of reference. I have never seen snow in my life, and am uncomfortable in 40 degrees celcius too.
My favourite time of year to smoke a pipe? Right here, right now! Seize the day...

RobT":putyezw8 said:
I've been smoking pipe for less than a year now so I don't really have the right point of reference. I have never seen snow in my life, and am uncomfortable in 40 degrees celcius too.
My favourite time of year to smoke a pipe? Right here, right now! Seize the day...
Never seen snow! Wow then you must not have snow snakes over there. Acutally very few people have ever seen them. They're white you know. ;)

Only in pics and on the TV have I seen the stuff.... I'm from Africa remember. I have caught a snake in by bedroom, scrambled up tree to avoid a charging Rhinocerous (he was pretty pis..d off at the time), but never seen snow. Mea Culpa. :D