What's Your Favorite Pipe Season ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow snakes are very, very dangerous. Possibly the most dangerous thing I ever heard of.

In order, Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer (if I'm in OKC). Middle of July through middle of September in Oklahoma can be a b*T^h!!

here here ftrplt..living in maryland i whole heartily agree with you

I have to smoke outside. But I like all of them but spring. In summer I can hang out with my friends, and we sit and smoke around a fire. Autumn is nice too for smoking, a nice cool with a different air, but still very relaxing in the evening with someone to sit and smoke with. During the winter I throw on my wool overcoat, boots a hat, scarf and gloves, and take a walk late at night with just the cold and my pipe for company.

My favorite smoking season runs from January 1st to December 31st. The best time of day is when I'm not sleeping. The best days of the week are those that end in "Y". The best months are those spelled with three letters or more. :twisted:

I would say in my case between the months of November thru April when it's not so hot, the rest of the year in FL the humidity will knock you in you A@#. 8)

Definitely Fall for me, too.
Still nice and warm, but much
dryer and comfortable.
Winter works well for me, though.
It's never too cold to prevent using my
window fan, so I'm able to smoke inside any time.
In the Summer, it's too hot to deploy the fan 'till
well after dark (unless it rains).

Autumn and spring when I'm in the north. Autumn, winter, and spring here in Vegas. Summer is plain unpleasant here.

I've only been smoking the pipe for a couple of years now, but for me it's not so much the time of year as the temperature outside as that is where I do all of my smoking. When I was in school down in California I was comfortable pretty much all year so long as the wind wasn't blowing like crazy. Summer could get kind of warm, but it was fine in the evening with a cold drink and a friend or two. Having moved to Oregon almost a year ago now I found that this Summer was best for me. I don't have the clothes to support a smoke outside in the cold during the winter and the rain drives me inside during Spring and Fall. I think if we had a covered patio I would find I really enjoy the weather during a good rain. But alas we don't, so I stick to getting a bowl in when I can.

Well it looks for the most part that Autumn is the calling season for a pipe for most.. Climate in a non four season area still seems to go for the cooler temps.. I think the smell works well in the cooler air while still warm enough for comfort.. I will share a last flower of the late summer which calls the Autumn weather in my part of the world.. Wonderful stories indeed Brothers.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

I smoke mostly in the summer, as I like to smoke in the evening. The heat doesn't bother me much. Though, to be sure, smoking a comfortable, early autumn evening is marvelous - as is the first outdoor smoke of the Spring!

-Andrew

thought i had an answer until i read the thread. now they all sound good!

(but probably fall. yeah, i'll go with fall.)
(spring is nice though.)
(summer, micro brew...damn, hard to beat.)
(winter though, watching the sun set below the snow crest, bourbon in hand, puffing pipe, seeing the christmas tree through the window--pretty sweet)
(morning is good. with coffee.)
(course i like noon too. yes, a good hard noon smoke. that's for me!)
(hmm, couple hours before bed with a book...)

i'll have to think (and smoke) on it.

bruins":angct3ih said:

(spring is nice though.)
(winter though, watching the sun set below the snow crest, bouron in hand, puffing pipe, seeing the christmas tree through the window--pretty sweet)

Hey Bruins I think that about says it

Autumn for sure, brisk with beautiful colours, hot coffee or cocoa and christmas around the corner! Gets me all freakin' excited! :cheers:

bruins":yk2vdh5g said:

(spring is nice though.)
(winter though, watching the sun set below the snow crest, bourbon in hand, puffing pipe, seeing the christmas tree through the window--pretty sweet)

I think I'm married to a Bruinette. She used to think she was indecisive but now she's not so sure.

Falconer":x6b2z0tj said:

She used to think she was indecisive but now she's not so sure.
nice little one liner there, falconer. i'll have to remember it. it describes my wife well.

I like to smoke most anytime.... But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . But never at dusk! Never at dusk, I would never do that.

From about labor Day through Thanksgiving, porch sitting and smoking are great hobbies, done best alone or w/ dog. Burlieys smoke best this time of year. Winter has its moments, but the Demon Peke doesn't tolerate the cold as well as his predecessor. The Demon Peke is indispensable for enjoying a smoke.