What's your poison when smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspiveyjr

Reaction score
Want to know what pipers drink, sip, etc. Tried Maker's Mark Bourbon neat, not working. Any suggestions, would love your thoughts. Want to Know how you drink it also, neat, on the rocks, mixer or chaser.

Northern Light Canadian Whisky, good quality, low price.
On special occasions Forty Creek or Pendleton.
Also but rarely like a dirty gin Martini. :drunken:

A cappuccino is my drink of choice with a pipe, but it's usually Earl Grey tea since I try to limit myself to two coffees a day.

I usually just have a cup of tea. I actually don't like coffee, but I think if I did I would drink that as well.

Black coffee or tea. Maybe beer when it's hot or whisky when it isn't.

(Practically speaking, anything that doesn't have dairy or a strong fruit flavor is fine to ride along with my pipe.)

Crown Royal Black.
Balvenie 12-Year Doublewood.

Both of those go well with my pipe.

In the winter I will often enjoy a cup of coffee ONLY if it has Bailey's Irish Cream. Other than that I'm not a coffee drinker.

COFFEE! for me as well... once in a while iced tea. Something about coffee and a pipe, I must say.

I don't drink anymore, but if I did, I would drink a quality bourbon (Knob Creek, perhaps) with my pipe. Or porter style beer.

Strong (I roast my own), black coffee (sometimes tea) in the am. Evenings can be single-malt (dryer ones before dinner, sweeter ones after), strong beer (bitter pale ale, IPA, porter, stout), port, sherry,or old (at least 12, preferably much older) dark rum. Much depends on the weather/temps. FTRPLT

Single malt Scotch, Irish whiskey, bourbon, brandy, beer, black coffee, any tea variety, water. I'm a bit of a beverage preference chameleon I suppose. I do try to match the body and robustness of both drink and tobacco.

Early in the morning....."Chock Full O' Nuts" Coffee

Evening..............."Old Crow" straight up.

Coffee, coffee, coffee. What abunch of cherry beaners! I don't smoke until evening, then it's too late for java, except weekend.

I love coffee when I smoke, but I seldom smoke in the morning (which is when I drink it).

Usually I don't have anything to drink, but if anything it will be bourbon, and the brand varies depending if I am going with an old favorite or trying something different.

Coffee, sometimes chased with a nice bottle of water (or just ice water form the pitcher in the fridge); oh, and sometimes tea as well depending. Decaf in the evening, of course.

Jack Straw":avt4ullm said:
I love coffee when I smoke, but I seldom smoke in the morning (which is when I drink it).

Usually I don't have anything to drink, but if anything it will be bourbon, and the brand varies depending if I am going with an old favorite or trying something different.
You da man Jack! :star: :star: :star: