when dose a hobby turn to a habit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
I used to enjoy a pipe then it turned to i had to have a pipe it went from 2 or 3 times a day to 12 or more times a day It is now an addiction pipes are not to be a addiction but a enjoying hobby right or wrong I found out that I don't need a pipe that much I found that 1 to 2 times a day as a end of the day reward is enough it's funny how your body reacts to to much of something and how fast it fixes the issues after you slow it to much of a good thing is a bad thing I come to see my circulation is not right undid my research and found burley perique and latakia is the worst for that ND I have been smoking 100 percent of them kinds and wanted to know if any one else have thought about this or desided to slow due to bad circulation in there body just things I have thought of

Man, some punctuation would really help, yo. I had to read this about five times to get it.

No doubt, smoking in general will have an effect on you. I think finding what works for your body is the  trick. Are you a cigarette smoker? Sometimes getting used to the DELAYED GRATIFICATION of the pipe can make you overdo it.  With cigs, you get the satisfaction instantly. With the pipe, you just notice the craving isn't there after a bit. That's how I perceive it anyway.

Seriously, use some caps, commas, and maybe even a paragraph once in a while. It'd reeeeeeeeeally help.

It's all good...

Sorry I'll work on that. I don't smoke ciggs, but got to find my tobacco for my body.

If you are looking for strength, you could try C&D #005 Kelly's Coin. It is available in bulk. Or maybe try slicing Cotton Boll Twist. Both are pretty one dimensional in taste. But that is ok as you may be hallucinating if you are not ready for them.

I'm thinking he's looking for low nic, low acidity, but sweet. So I'm thinking some of the lighter Va's or light Va heavy blends.

I am having trouble understanding the OP but Latakia is relatively low in nicotine, is it not?

Anyway, Jim's suggestion is good. Light, sweet VA blends, something with enough flavor to make things interesting. Orlik Golden Sliced is always a good value for a tinned flake tobacco, as long as that's what ark piper is looking for.  Maybe Dunhill Flake or Union Square for a more sturdy flavor and a bit more body. Still not a lot of nicotine in either of those though considering where ark piper is coming from.

Well, you cut your teeth on Lane's 1-Q.......

Maybe it's time to head back that way?

arkansaspiper":sczxy9oj said:
Now that I found the world of English VA per and va I want to stay that way
Well then, by all means go forward in that direction.

You said that you gave up the coffin nails, so that indicates you need a nic fix. Perhaps you can now try and focus on the flavour of the blends without the nic experience.

Easy for me to say, since I'm not at all comfortable with the effects of lady nic!

:no:

Cheers,

RR

I think ultimately it's what works best for you and your health.. it's certainly possible to get addicted to anything. I found that I've had more of an issue with PAD and TAD than smoking itself. As a former cigarette smoker I can say that I don't crave a pipe the same way by a long shot.. nasty little things those cigs

happypipester":ajzft51m said:
...As a former cigarette smoker I can say that I don't crave a pipe the same way by a long shot.. nasty little things those cigs
Copenhagen was worse than cigs with me; the nicotine hit was powerful and almost instantaneous. I still get an occasional craving, but the need to get up in the middle of the night and go down to the local Quick-Mart, because I was out, has left. Don't know how guys can suck on that stuff all day long. I still have nightmares where I'm fruitlessly trying to get the stuff out of my mouth in various dream venues. But the pipe satisfies in real life, and I am no longer tempted. Funny, but I don't think I've ever had a dream in which I'm smoking a pipe.