When the last tamp is done and you are not....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
Query? Have you ever thrown some fresh fuel on a fire that goes out? I just enjoyed a bowl of Billy Bud but did not finish my scotch so I just added some more of the Billy. I suspect that I'm not alone in this situation.

Well Rod, I guess we old guys like livin' large. Power to us bro.

I tried that once, but usually dig out the tobacco remnants (I know, by-law violation), run a pipe cleaner through, and reload -that is...reload pipe and top off the scotch. Then I try a coordinated finish, again.

Aristokles is the man among men. The coordination of the conclusion of the final puff with the last bend of the elbow eludes many good men, yet now and then a man among us masters of the feat. My tip of the hat to you sir. Until we reach the level of true mastery, we'll just have to keep smoking and keep drinking and the hell with everything else. Good to meet up in the neighborhood again.

Usually I have to top off the scotch!! Especially if I'm smoking a group 5 or larger bowl. Either way, topping off the pipe or the malt is total pleasure indeed. Keep up the good work LI.

Actually, I do this all the time, especially so when breaking in a pipe. The tobac in the bottom of the bowl acts as a protective layer, while I build a little cake and season the walls of a new pipe. If I do this with a pipe that is completely broken in, I just add a little bulletproofing this way.

When 1 pipe goes out and im not ready to call it quits i just grab another and enjoy.

I have a petite Autograph and Savinelli dry system with a tiny chamber. I'll load one of those when I need a little more relaxation time.

Change pipes? Naw, not me. When I'm in the middle of a smokin' pipe it's like being in the middle of a hot woman. The equipment stays where it is, and I just have to reload to continue my pleasure.

save your dottle on each smoke--then smoke the dottle--Holmes did this for every morning pipe--

i have actually tried it--not all that bad--but then my tastes may be suspect??