where can i get a cumberland stem made for my pipe ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
I have a savinelli byrons favorite that I broke the semi churchwaden stem on but want to do a straight normal cumberland stem where can I send it ?

just curious about the cumberland i had an extra vulcanite stem but i was curious on the prices for cumberland. For eighty bucks or so at the different places i checked might as well get a estate with a cumberland lol

Cumberland costs a little bit more than Black but not much more.

The cost for a new stem is in the labor to do it. It takes just about as long to make a new stem for a pipe as it does to make a whole pipe, so the cost for a new stem to be made is in the labor.

It is a labor of love too. Check it out, how many of you would work for $5.00-$7.00 an hour? Thats about what a pipemaker makes when making a replacement stem. It is even less if there are silver bands on the shank end, (the silver has to be removed to fit the stem) or exotic woods on the stem itself.

PipeLeisure":lmgnf4yb said:
Heard really good things about these guys-----> www dot norwoodspiperepair dot com/
This is the guy I would have recommended. I've dealt with him a number of times.

No problem bud, give them a call and talk to them, really great people and very personal.