Where can I get a pipe smoking calendar?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaluddite

Reaction score
I need to get a calendar for my cube wall at work. I'd like to get a nice picture calendar of various beautiful pipes or famous pipe smokers. Of course, it is not something I'm going to find at your usual calendar rack at Barnes & Nobel, etc.

Does anyone sell a nice pipe smoking calendar? If so, where do I get one?

Bill

I'm just gonna print out pipes from some of the photographers in the forum and tape them over the cheesy Olympic calendar my mother just sent me. :lol:

Another cool way is to take pictures of your club fo everyone smoking their pipes and make your own. www.lulu.com is a good place to do it. It is a simple process they take you step by step and you can be finished in 10 minutes. It dont cost you a dime when you or someone else orders it then they make it and ship it out you then pay a process fee. I did one a few years back it was fun and folks keeps them even when the year is over.
Best Regards
Richard

I would love to buy a GLP calendar but at over $30 it's a bit much for a calendar, at least for me. How about some other options.

The price of large format calendars on Lulu reflects a pretty small profit for the creator of the work. They really should not be compared to what you pay for calendars at large bookstores. The volume sold is usually so small that it's a wonder they artists bother to produce them. Also, they are very large format, the print quality is phenomenal, and the paper stock is much heavier and finer than mass produced calendars. I know this because of my own 2013 "Illustrated Pipe" calendar, which I made available through Lulu. It's a little like comparing a basket pipe to a collector grade pipe.

Don't get me wrong,I'm not saying they're not worth it. I just can't justify it at this time.

I ain't spendin' $30 on a damn calendar, either. :lol!: As I said earlier, I can just print out pipe pictures (bonus points for abusing company printers while at work :p ) and tape them over the bad photography on a Dollar Store calendar. Gotta make do, sometimes.

What would be a cool project is to have someone make a calendar frame, one with a pipe theme, so you can load those "calendar blanks" on the hooks and just have the appropriate year/months, and a piece of functional art you enjoy forever.

8)

Kyle Weiss":6skw9ien said:
I'm just gonna print out pipes from some of the photographers in the forum and tape them over the cheesy Olympic calendar my mother just sent me. :lol:
I have October for you...

That ghastly thing is always a charmer, Harlock. :heart: Miss October - Foghorn Legpipe it is. :D

8)