where to order a new stem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_Williams

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can order a 3/4 bent round stem? just plain and simple wanna order a new stem for one of my briar's

any good links?

Hey dude. You can order replacement stems from many of the well stocked e-tailers. The trouble is that in most cases they wont fit well unless you´re very, very lucky. Stems are most often fitted individually to specific pipes. I have several pipes of exactly the same model where the stems are virtually identical but will only fit the one it´s made for. They look the same, and in theory should fit all, but they don´t. So I don´t recommend going that way.

Your best bet is to send it to a reputable repair guy and have one made. There are several here on this very board as a matter of fact. ;)

MisterE":o81cmuvv said:
Hey dude. You can order replacement stems from many of the well stocked e-tailers. The trouble is that in most cases they wont fit well unless you´re very, very lucky. Stems are most often fitted individually to specific pipes. I have several pipes of exactly the same model where the stems are virtually identical but will only fit the one it´s made for. They look the same, and in theory should fit all, but they don´t. So I don´t recommend going that way.

Your best bet is to send it to a reputable repair guy and have one made. There are several here on this very board as a matter of fact. ;)
Yeah, I agree. I've had more luck swapping necks on guitars than mixing and matching pipe stems.