Which are your favorite (Not Too Aromatic) Burley Blends?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyFlake

Reaction score
I am just starting to try Burley Blends that are not the normal aromatic type Burley Blends, which I have enjoyed for many years, such as PA, CH, etc., etc.!

Which are your favorites?

L.J. Peretti's "Somerset Slice" in a class of it own when it comes to burley. Some other notweworthies are Wessex "Burley Slice" and Solani's "Aged Burley Flake". If you can get a tin on the estate market you may also search out "Edgeworth Slices".

Of course there's always MacBaren's "Navy Flake" too :p

I think S.W.R. is an easy to pack and keep lit mild burley with a touch of aromatic . It's a good blend to add an aromatic to .I blend 4 parts S.W.R. and 1 part I.R.C. Buttered Rum for an at work blend. ya taste tobacco and get a nice aroma for everyone else . It burns perfect in any pipe I've put it in :cheers:

Middleton's Sugar Barrel. It's not as sweet as the name suggests. Great stuff!!

Morley's Best - burley with a little latakia. Really good.

I just received my first order of non-OTC Burley Tobaccos from 4Noggins. I received a 50g tin of Wessex Burley Slice, a 50g tin of Solani Aged Burley Flake and 2 oz of bulk 4Noggins Blend "Moe's Confetti".

Not sure which one to start with. Has anyone ever smoked "Moe's Confetti"?