While we're posting Pipe Rooms, here's my renovated space...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Not quite enough space to call a Pipe Lounge, but sufficient for my needs. A place to work on restorations and repairs and space to display my pipes and store the baccy. The Wall of Bookcase is a hack of three IKEA Billy bookcases, some trim and a bit of lighting. Cheap and effective, and I added electrical outlets to allow for some music etc.

The room before the renovations:

Installing the bookcases:

A bit of faux board & batten wainscotting for that Old World look:

After a lot of painting, cleaning and organizing, things are taking shape nicely, though the room will likely be a perpetual Work in Progress:

Top Centre shelf - my Dad's pipes, restored and preserved

My latest addition - a 3-tiered Decatur rack for 36 - nearly full of my Brighams already!

Pipes on the worktable for restoration:

And more waiting patiently in my Refurb Box. I've been stocking up this summer!

My old leather archair was declared Persona Non Grata by the DW (!!), so I'm on the lookout for a new one and perhaps a carpet to complete the room, but for now it's at least functional and no longer filled with drywall dust and paint fumes!

Now I just need to figure out how to work my guitars into the space so I can close the doors and hide away from the womenfolk! :lol!:

Wow, that's dedication. Pics of youse guys' smoking dens are starting to make me regret selling my house.

Richard Burley":ns3ccqjc said:
Wow, that's dedication. Pics of youse guys' smoking dens are starting to make me regret selling my house.
I'll go a long way to make sure I have a quiet space of my own around here! :D The rest of the house has also been decorated in my wife's favourite "minimalist modern" style - my room is completely different - I relax the minute I set foot inside!

Bonanzadriver":8jqmzfua said:
O.P.

That place is awesome.

Well done.  Well done indeed.

:cheers:
Thanks! i have been admiring your room as well. Looks very confortable!

OP
Very well done, the planning and the layout. Excellent the way your pipe den turned out, extremely neat/tidy. Something to be proud of for sure :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude":qfm7e5y7 said:
Very impressive Charles. Well done mate!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR
Thanks Rande. I first finished the space as a home recording studio about 10 years ago but hadn't used it as such for 4-5 years. The makeover gives me a space to decompress with my briars - and the soundproofing doesn't hurt either! ?

Lonecoyote":zalqer8b said:
WOW, guess I'm invisible...lol

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Aw, shucks, Coyote! Didn't mean to skip over your comment. Was replying on my phone, which I should know better than to try to read on...

I appreciate your comments on the room. Looking forward to finding the last few pieces and getting my pipes and other memorabilia (aka my "guy clutter") organized in my own space where She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't wander. :lol!:

OP":9w095r8k said:
She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't wander.
Um, I thought a marriage is 50/50, OOOPP's, that's why I'm NOT...lol. Me I got tired of the 80/20....me always giving in!
I knew it was not intentional at all. Just really like what you've done with the room!! Now you need a Lazyboy for your comfort with a side of Southern Comfort....lol :cheers:  :cheers:  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":d18xr3bk said:
Now you need a Lazyboy for your comfort with a side of Southern Comfort....lol :cheers:  :cheers:  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I think I can find space for both those necessary items!

Brewdude":r0i9dpft said:
I'm also looking forward to the pics of the guitars and recording stuff Charles, seeing as I do a bit of both!

Cheers,

RR
Shifted the desk and finally got the music gear organized, Rande. Not much is left at this point - I sold off all the live gigging gear except for a few items that fall into the Old Friend category. I like having the instruments on the wall - I'm much more likely to grab one and noodle around a bit if they're easily accessible!

The framed CDs on the ledge are all self-produced albums - two solo discs, and three band discs. All East Coast Folk music - lots of fun to play and always contagious in a crowd. :D  

This room is coming together nicely. The carpet is plush under foot, and the chair is comfy for a good read. If I add a fridge and a bathroom, I may never come out!

20170911.jpg

Ontario,
THAT'S one FINE piece of remodel work !! Enjoy it dude, you deserve it !! :cheers:

monbla256":4dbtm2yi said:
Ontario,
THAT'S one FINE piece of remodel work !! Enjoy it dude, you deserve it !! :cheers:
Thanks much, Monbla! The old space was pretty much just a desk and piles of junk. I like this room much better! Still digging through storage to find more pieces to add to it though. I'd like to add a few pictures of my time in the Canadian Forces to compliment my grandfather's WWII pics.

Wow, a place to relax!! Like the changes, has that warm welcome feeling. The leather chair fits right in, well done :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":sm7jngcx said:
Wow, a place to relax!! Like the changes, has that warm welcome feeling. The leather chair fits right in, well done :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Thanks! The weather is definitely started to turn here in Ontario, so I'm anticipating quite a bit of hibernating in this room over the winter.