Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

Who Is Online?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Irene Adler

Reaction score
The map function is pretty nifty, but kinda creepy. I makes it seem like, if I wanted to, I could just look up where you live, and show up on your doorstep. (Aaron might not like that so much, though)

However, the thingy says I'm on in a different side of the highway that Aaron and I live next to.

How odd.

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
IP lookups aren't very accurate really, they are made off records keep by Internet Service Providers. Some are really far off, like in the case of cellular internet cards.

puros_bran

Reaction score
(The internet rumor monger)

Irene said her and Aaron had split up. Apparently she has moved out of the house! Oh My!

I am from all over if you IP me, but mostly I show up as a Canadian. Lol

Hermit

Reaction score
Hey, that's pretty cool!
I didn't know about that.
They missed my house by about five miles;
I guess nobody will be dropping by. :lol:

Puff Daddy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be darned, I never knew that was there :cyclops: I musta went to the same school as Buck :rabbit:

Not terribly accurate. Missed be by over 100 miles. Looks like the Comcast server hub (or whatever) is in San Jose.

JJPHOTO

Reaction score
Wow that's cool, never knew that was there. It was off by about 8 states when I was at work, but is right now that I'm home. Guess at work they run it through a corporate service center so they can monitor what we do.

Justpipes

Reaction score
That is pretty cool but I am on my company issued laptop right now which has all kinds of security bells and whistles and it dosen't allow my location to be visible.

Rail Man

Reaction score
Huh, well I'll be damned. According to the map it looks like I'm operating out the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere. Not only is it about 15 miles off but it's not even close to where my internet provider is based out of! Perhaps in a few more years the magical entity of the internet will not only pinpoint the location but also provide a live video feed from an orbiting satellite.

And they are getting closer! How's this for creepy? Using Google maps I can show you the gas station I typically fill up at on a daily basis (I'd show my apartment, but they don't have that available yet):
http://tinyurl.com/9xbmtp
Or the office I'll report to after January 5th
http://tinyurl.com/8jn8eo

Stranger and stranger stuff out there every day!

CPT/VSG

Reaction score
I never noticed that before, either. Of course, it has me in Kansas, when I'm in Ohio. My wife's from Kansas but I don't think that explains it.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
Rail Man":b1fo4qd5 said:
Using Google maps I can show you the gas station I typically fill up at on a daily basis (I'd show my apartment, but they don't have that available yet):
I live about 1000 miles from where I grew up, so I like to get onto Google maps sometimes and "visit".

mark

Broken Pipe
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been said you should learn something every day,,,I never knew {being computer illiterate) this function existed ,,,,pretty precise in my case,, only two miles off, and living in a pond,,,,very convenient for ice fishing,,,wonder if the perch are biting,,,,,Thank you Irene,,,

puros_bran

Reaction score
Stupi thing shows me all the way down in Garret. LOL... Go north young IP.

Bub

Reaction score
I am in a sleigh over the Adler's house.
Ho Ho Ho....Merry Christmas to all
:santa:

jeepernick

Reaction score
For shits & giggles looked again today and it has me within 2 miles of the house. Not sure why the change in location from the other day. Too much tech savvy to figure that one out.