Who restores pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpkrause

Reaction score
A while back my wife picked up a lot of about 30 estate pipes for dirt cheap for me. None of these pipes are anything amazing. I was intending to learn how to restore pipes by practicing on these. However, work has kept me quite busy and I just don't have the space to set up an area to do full restorations. I would like to get these cleaned up to use in the pipe club I have started. I thought it would be a good idea to have a clean estate pipes on hand that I could lend/hand out. So who would I contact to get these pipes cleaned up to working condition? I don't want to spend a ton of money. I would be willing to part with 15 to 20 of these pipes in return for the rest being cleaned and restored.
P8130760.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Correction: it is a total of 22 pipes, 10 of which are Dr. Grabow pipes.

8d6ab90f96bdf60045e74642ddbd380d.jpg

dpkrause":326o6ku8 said:
I would like to get these cleaned up to use in the pipe club I have started. I thought it would be a good idea to have a clean estate pipes on hand that I could lend/hand out.
Slightly off topic but I would like to say that this is a fantastic idea. I am sure there are a lot of potential pipe smokers out there who feel a bit intimidated about starting the hobby because they have nobody to help them out, give them advice, and show them the ropes (or flakes, plugs and ribbon cuts :D ). I hope your pipe club is a great success.

If you're willing to send them to the UK I am willing to do them for you, PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer. I have found someone in the US willing to do it. Just sent them out this morning.

dpkrause":de104lio said:
Thanks for the offer. I have found someone in the US willing to do it. Just sent them out this morning.
Excellent, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :)