Whoa, check out tobacco reviews

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT'S not an up-date, it's an all new site !!! Damn!!:shock: :shock: 

Click on your profile and it will tell you your preferences from the things you rate. You can click similar to find users with similar preferences. This is a great feature if you are looking for reviews that will correspond to your experience.

I don't like that you can no longer glance over a list of the new reviews to see if any interest you. Instead, you have to scroll through the full reviews. Other than that, I either like or am neutral about the rest.

DrT999":h2zwm26j said:
I don't like that you can no longer glance over a list of the new reviews to see if any interest you.  Instead, you have to scroll through the full reviews.  Other than that, I either like or am neutral about the rest.
Being a person that hates change and does not transition easily I feel that the old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it!" applies here.

Cartaphilus":48mi6rvt said:
DrT999":48mi6rvt said:
I don't like that you can no longer glance over a list of the new reviews to see if any interest you.  Instead, you have to scroll through the full reviews.  Other than that, I either like or am neutral about the rest.
Being a person that hates change and does not transition easily I feel that the old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it!" applies here.
Well, the image feature was broken for quite some time, but they went far past fixing that!

I don't read the reviews much, I just use it so I can see what the blend is made of

I think the rebuild is great. I might suggest whoever did that move to Wash. D.C and help out the lame techies working for you-know-what. I might, but that might break a rule, so I won't say that.

If you login, you will get a summary of new reviews similar to the old one.

DrT999":zyl1nwgh said:

Overall, quite an improvement, I'd say. Personally I'd be happy with just two numbers featured for each blend -- first, the average rating as expressed between 1 - 5; second, the total number of reviews. A tobacco that hangs on to a 3 or 4 rating with, say, 75 reviewers is a good bet, I've found. A high rating with a low number of reviews isn't necessarily a signal to stock up just yet. I think text reviews tend to be subjective, can be rhetorically overblown, are often wildly divergent, and, at worst, are sometimes simply a demo of the reviewer's biases and keyboard skills. Granted, that isn't invariably so. Some reviewers have a knack for succinctly stating both their biases and impressions. I used to have a winetasters handbook that had a vocabulary list -- it gave a brief explanation for what "grassy" meant in a description of wine. I suspect the reason something similar has not been offered for PT is that the flavors are more subtle and there's no agreement what the terms mean among blenders apart from their descriptions as toppings.

I don't look at the review site often. Nor do I use it for the final word on a given blend.

I prefer to hear our brothers here on BoB chime in on their experiences due to hanging out here so much and getting know what various posters preferences are and how they line up to mine.

That said I have no particular opinion of the review site change. Yet.

Cheers,

RR

aadelma":596bdegx said:
If you login, you will get a summary of new reviews similar to the old one.

DrT999":596bdegx said:
Actually, it's changed to that since yesterday afternoon; then the new tobaccos were on top followed by all the reviews in full. Now, there the list of new reviews in summary then the new tobaccos.

I'll have to thank them for changing it!

After spending some time on it yesterday and this morning I can find no fault with the changes they've made. Works just as well as the old with a cleaner, streamlined look to it. Now if they could find reviewers who don't smoke "Corinthian leather" and contradict themselves all would be great :evil: :evil: 

Cartaphilus":2nl3m6a2 said:
DrT999":2nl3m6a2 said:
To be fair, there was a bit broken with the old site.

Blackhorse":ajqr3zbz said:
So...the only way you can browse now is via brand? Not by blend name or rating as you used to be able to do? I don't like THAT.
Tell them that; they are still tinkering