Why did the bear cross the road?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much, although the browns up here are larger than their lower 48 cousins.

Thought so.

We have black bears in my area, but they're very much more retiring and shy than browns. Have seen them a number of times, and I wouldn't like to cross their paths when the sows have cubs in tow!

:no:

Cheers,

RR

Brown bear fans should search Brooks Falls Bear Cam. Or go to Explore.org and make the same choice. At the moment the site is airing tape from past years, but it's still fascinating and will go live soon. The Bears begin fishing in June. Neat to see them standing atop the falls and seeing the Bears pick leaping salmon out of the air.

I've come to recognise the hump on the neck area, which distinguishes Griz from black bears. Wouldn't like to meet up with one of them! Yet any bear in the wild can be dangerous.......

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

Had a black roaming an island I was on in Florida some years back.
Big todo about how the bear had invaded the island, bear probably thought the same about the humans. Who knows how long that bear had been on that island, or even if he was really the only one. I know Florida Fish & Game was all proud of themselves when they finally caught him. "We will remove the bear to a wildlife preserve where he will not be a danger to himself or others".. He may have posed a slight danger to others but I'm pretty sure he was no danger to himself.