Why I was absent

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
Hiya Folks, kinda been off the radar for a while, things had been getting pretty messed up with home life and I was struggling with each new day then out of the blue I got a letter. A letter informing me my Sister and last blood relative in the UK passed away on christmas eve, she took her own life, a long and difficult story for me to express so I wont even try.

The rub of it was that news was the straw that broke the proverbial camels back, I wont trouble you all with the crappy details, sufficed to say I went absolutely postal all over the place and then I found myself back in psychiatric hospital. I'm back out now but still finding day to day life very difficult to cope with and home life woes have not eased up much to my own dismay, but I'm trying my hardest to keep things together and will try to be active here again a little more.

Peace be with you all and may the good Father in Heaven always smile fondly upon you, yes, I have also re-found my religion so that's a good thing I feel, thanks for taking the time to read my drivel, be well and safe journeys all of you.

Not drivel at all. Sorry to hear of your loss and continued struggles, but glad to see your back among us and am looking forward to hearing more from you in the days ahead.

Never drivel when it involves matters of the heart.

You have been missed.  

You are family .

Fumus":g18uj8nh said:
Not drivel at all. Sorry to hear of your loss and continued struggles, but glad to see your back among us and am looking forward to hearing more from you in the days ahead.
Appreciate that, thank you. :sunny:

pepesdad1":clvb5kzn said:
Never drivel when it involves matters of the heart.

You have been missed.  

You are family .
Thank you my friend. :sunny: :heart:

Fr_Tom":8klzzjoc said:
Briar Spirit":8klzzjoc said:
I have also re-found my religion...
This bit is good, although the news overall is tough to read. We are glad to see you back. Blessings...
It has been a very very long time since I listened to the teachings of our Lord, at first I found them all too over whelming to take in, the gravity and scope of returning to a religious path is not as easy as one might believe but I am happy to feel God in my heart and soul once again.

Thank you for your kindness, it means a great deal to me. :sunny:

Brewdude":54t4yvr6 said:
What Walt and the good Padre said.

Welcome back to BoB mate.

:heart:

Cheers,

RR
Thank you Buddy, feels good to be back although I do feel a little like a stranger here again, this I hope will change in good order. :sunny:

My sincerest condolence for the loss of your sister. May she found her peace.

I hope that you find peace of mind and a light heart soon Kirk. The fact that you are willing to open yourself on the forum shows that your mind and will are strong.

All the best!  God Bless!

Kirk, all I can say is that iI am sorry for your loss.

It's really good to have you back.

Anyone who has gotten to know you in the wee slightest bit here, knows you're a kind, generous, talented individual.

I hope things continue to get better for you..

Chris

Mozjo33":6k20ui9b said:
My sincerest condolence for the loss of your sister. May she found her peace.

I hope that you find piece of mind and a light heart soon Kirk. The fact that you are willing to open yourself on the forum shows that your mind and will are strong.

All the best!  God Bless!
Appreciate that very much Mo, thank you Buddy. :sunny:

DrumsAndBeer":ctc6zo2d said:
Kirk, all I can say is that iI am sorry for your loss.

It's really good to have you back.

Anyone who has gotten to know you in the wee slightest bit here, knows you're a kind, generous, talented individual.

I hope things continue to get better for you..

Chris

So kind of you to say Chris, that means a great deal to me, thank you my friend. :sunny:

idbowman":2bz3q9um said:
Tough to read this, Kirk.  Condolences and prayers, my friend.  

Now knowing the woe which troubles your shore your kindness is most touching my friend, thank you and may the good Lord find mercy for your good lady's mother. :heart:

I was wondering where you were. Sad to hear you've lost your sister. It's said that God works in mysterious ways.
Hang in there Kirk and know you and your family are in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear of you loss and recent difficulties, Kirk. It's good to see you here again. I was wondering where you had been. Hang in there and I'll send you good vibes.

Kirk, you know my thoughts. It's good to see you back on the BoB too. You were really welcoming on my arrival here so with you away it has felt like something integral to the BoB was missing.

Welcome back chap... here's to the future. :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers are always with you my friend.

I'm new since you left, but that's one hell of a burden you've had to bear.

I've lost friends to severe depression, but no family members I knew.

Best wishes.