Why pipes should be sold in the men's department.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlong

Reaction score
Proof pipes are a fasion accessory. We are entitled to them.

kaywoodie.jpg

I think if more people made the effort to slow down and learn to smoke the pipe, the world would be a nicer place. Emphasis on "slow down" aka. maybe not be to stressed out and angry. I seem to live in a city full of nothing but angry, stressed out people on the verge of anxiety attacks. :)

MartinH":flzza3aq said:
I think if more people made the effort to slow down and learn to smoke the pipe, the world would be a nicer place. Emphasis on "slow down" aka. maybe not be to stressed out and angry. I seem to live in a city full of nothing but angry, stressed out people on the verge of anxiety attacks. :)
Yes, it would also prove the simple things in life are the finest things in life.

In the early seventies when I first got into pipe smoking the Sears store in my area had a small smoke shop.

The Dunhill Store in Boston had their pipe and tobacco department in the back area of the store. To get there you had to walk through the magnificent men's clothing area first. Good marketing procedures for sure, first the suit, then the pipe.
Kaywoodie also used to have a page denoting which pipe should be smoked by men with different facial features. Interesting.
KaywoodieDesign.jpg

I have an old mastercraft ad that shows which pipe to choose according to your :D features.

doc - I love that sort of stuff. Man, you couldn't get away with that nowadays. People would sue you for prejudice towards their age or body type.

That poster is really cool.

The short stout fellow has a Penzance grin on his face. The fellow below him looks buzzed on Black XXX.

jlong":hxu8medw said:
The short stout fellow has a Penzance grin on his face. The fellow below him looks buzzed on Black XXX.
Ah ha! So there are different Tobaccos to go with each face type as well!

Yes George,
When I'm in a gnarly mood with a snarl on my face I smoke Barking Dog. :lol!:

That'll work for me! Just imagine, no more standing around, being bored and trying to look to the wife that everything is amazingly interesting. I'll just say: get me by the pipes if you're done, love!

Maybe I accidentally smoke a strong English blend when I want to be left alone? Since most people can't stand the room note, it always seems to work. :)

Pipes are a lifestyle not a fashion.My great grandmother would be spinning in her grave at the thought of being excluded from pipe smoking. :pirate: :pirate: