Why Settle For Less???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
After watching the latest SG's debacle[FVF], why do we have to settle for less than a superior product? I didn't buy any I still have plenty from '06 and won't ever buy any again I'm sure the FVF I have from '06 is not what they are now shipping under the name FVF, as a matter of fact, I will not buy any but their products but their plugs but only after some investigation. I will not buy the rest of their products! BOYCOTT!
Money is short around here and I take great pride in not taking any "house money" for my tobac and pipes, relying on lottery hits or selling pipes. There are too many FINE blending houses in the tobac marketincluding G&H, Mc, GLP, Reiner, Solani, Heinrich,McCrainnie'sUhle's and Peretti's Just to name a few, I'll not settle for less SG needs to be sent a message, Ken :tongue:

The new batch of FVF is really quite good.
I'd be interested to see others' reviews of this new batch.
I won't be buying any more, but only because I now have
eleven pounds put away. It's not even my favorite Virginia,
but I wanted ten pounds to let sit for the future.

I got mislabled SJF. (It's not SJF.)
I'll report back what they do about it.

They're a little company. In a hostile environment. With mostly 18th century equipment. Struggling to keep up.

And you're going to flush them for being overtaxed ?

I'll have to make it a point to take up your slack, then.

:face:

Hermit":4sp3aidd said:
The new batch of FVF is really quite good.
I'd hope so, the stuff from 07/08 is still barely smokeable.

G.H. & co. is so much better it's not even funny. But, they don't have a medium strength/body straight Va that does it for me, and SG Medium Va is seriously good stuff. It's about he only SG blend I'm cellaring anymore (aside from the pound of Squadron Leader I bought a few years ago). G.H. & co. takes up a great deal of cellar space 'round here 8)

Interesting debate Gents!
I for one love the stuff, Thanks to Mudd introducing me to it some while back. Not being that experienced with the time factor involved I will not offer much comment.
Mudd has just ordered a .............. crap load of the stuff. I have a pound of 08' in cellar and two 50g 07' tins.

I will be watching it with open eyes from here on, thanks for sharing.